• 114(current)
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
@TechLife, Where did you find the specific load of Eden HD Audio Version (Daniela/Damian's build)? What specific script of Pandora are you using? I'd sure like to get mine going past four songs... Thanks!
I have a Panny Plasma I am running mine on and the screen saver that kicks on by default when you "hide" the player does a good job of keeping the screen busy. That not work for you?

(2013-01-07, 06:21)TechLife Wrote: This is still working great for me. So much so, we have managed to start burning the screen into my plasma. Is there any way to allow the screensaver to run while listening? It would be cool to have the pics floating around while the music is playing. Not to mention, avoid having to buy another display. I can certainly turn the display off and on as needed but training others in the house to do so would be about as effective as putting swim fins on a cat.

I have mine working ok for the most part. I can get past 4 to 6 songs, but now it allows my Windows screen save to kick in. Once the screen saver kicks in everything stops. I am running Frodo RC3, so that could play a part in the whole screen saver bit. If I disable the screen saver all is good. The pandora addon is the only part of XBMC that allows the Windows screen saver kick on.
-----------------------------------------------------------

website
Not to rub it in, but as of Frodo RC1 I deleted the Pandora addon and addon settings folders and started over and have had no problems. Now of course on RC3. As I type, I've had Pandora running for about an hour with no interruptions, but I haven't tried any of the on-screen buttons. In the past with Pandora I might see lyrics and/or music visualizations kicking in (which didn't necessarily bother me) but now it just stays on the Pandora screen. Now I have Exrace's worry 'of burn-in. Wouldn't it be great if Pandora worked like music, with the visualization and lyrics?
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-01-08, 04:35)curtis-r Wrote: Not to rub it in, but as of Frodo RC1 I deleted the Pandora addon and addon settings folders and started over and have had no problems. Now of course on RC3. As I type, I've had Pandora running for about an hour with no interruptions, but I haven't tried any of the on-screen buttons. In the past with Pandora I might see lyrics and/or music visualizations kicking in (which didn't necessarily bother me) but now it just stays on the Pandora screen. Now I have Exrace's worry 'of burn-in. Wouldn't it be great if Pandora worked like music, with the visualization and lyrics?

Try to use visualization and see if it works ok, should work fine. Use the small down arrow to trigger it.
(2013-01-07, 14:11)CoCola Wrote: @TechLife, Where did you find the specific load of Eden HD Audio Version (Daniela/Damian's build)? What specific script of Pandora are you using? I'd sure like to get mine going past four songs... Thanks!

I am using this build of XBMC and I think I am using this version of the plug in. I am a One subscriber for what it's worth.
(2013-01-07, 14:20)Exrace Wrote: I have a Panny Plasma I am running mine on and the screen saver that kicks on by default when you "hide" the player does a good job of keeping the screen busy. That not work for you?

Hadn't tried hiding the player. I'll give it a shot. As long as the screensaver kicks in, that's all I need. Thanks for the idea!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-01-08, 04:54)k3oni Wrote: Try to use visualization and see if it works ok, should work fine. Use the small down arrow to trigger it.

First try was black screen with Pandora logo in upper-left and I could see some sort of action around the borders of the screen, but I exited out & tried again & it worked perfectly. A very pleasant surprise Smile
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-01-08, 05:28)curtis-r Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 04:54)k3oni Wrote: Try to use visualization and see if it works ok, should work fine. Use the small down arrow to trigger it.

First try was black screen with Pandora logo in upper-left and I could see some sort of action around the borders of the screen, but I exited out & tried again & it worked perfectly. A very pleasant surprise Smile

Yeah if it can't pull data about the song it just shows a black screen with the small logo.
(2013-01-07, 03:34)CoCola Wrote: Windows 7 now. Just ordered a Rasberry Pi. Will be implementing on kids Ubuntu.

Just installed XBMC on my laptop running Win 7 and can't duplicate this, runs fine for over 30 min. now without touching it.
Sorry but as long as i can't duplicate the issue i can't say what the issue may be right now.
k3oni,
I greatly appreciate your assistance thus far. I am still stumped though. I removed every reference of Pandora related to XBMC, and reinstalled the script from above post 1701. Still get 4 songs and then it stops. Is there a specific site for downloading the recent Pandora Scripts? I keep searching this forum and following links as I did from the post above (1701). I will try anything at this point. It boggles me that I am the only one having this issue. Nothing I have tried gets me past 4 songs... Any further hints, suggestions, anything at all would be greatly appreciated.
For now, I am going to try on another Windows 7 machine.
Cheers,
CoCola
Anything in the xbmc.log you can see? Is it at the end of 4 songs or in the middle? If in the middle, wonder if something to do with your screensaver.
Still not able to use the thumbs up and down buttons. Is it just me? I can not figure out why this won't work.
I guess since I cant create or edit stations anyways it's sort of a minor thing to complain about, but it drives me nuts that everyone else seems to have no problems with it.
(2013-01-08, 20:35)dkplayaclub Wrote: Still not able to use the thumbs up and down buttons. Is it just me? I can not figure out why this won't work.
I guess since I cant create or edit stations anyways it's sort of a minor thing to complain about, but it drives me nuts that everyone else seems to have no problems with it.

Can you check your pandora account and see if anything you thumbed up or down for today for ex. is showing up in there under the specific station settings?
Hi guys - I see a few people talking about Pandora stopping. I have a similar issue, but I'm not sure its exactly the same. With mine, sometimes it just stops at the end of a track (although I think that may be due to me re-entering the add-in, see later), other times, it actually exits the add-in back to the music add-in's menu - the stream keeps playing until the end of that song, then stops. I can re-enter the add-in, and it sees the stream playing, but that is from a different session, so does not continue to the next song, and you can't use thumbs up/down.

Other times it plays several songs before stopping, about 30% of the time, it starts the first song, then immediately exits the add-in, but streams the song until its end. So for me, it doesn't seem like the screen saver is implicated in any way (or at least it definitely isn't for a minimum of 30% of the time!)

Caught this in the log just now - I wasn't watching the screen, but I think it played several tracks normally, then the add-in exited to the add-in's menu and the current song played out, then stopped:

Code:
15:29:28 T:2891971440  NOTICE: PANDORA: onPlayBackStarted: http://t2-2.p-cdn.com
/access/5213302059239938114.mp4?version=4&lid=242550997&token=%2BEAtMf6cdbo8Oz4U
WHkI0fOiTEUsEaXZpLOOrI3yTx7ioxrSOJdFDHra2Q8ejxYNUUZCyN1ZUtmZndKhPhYp2hDR2xnvkSaA
KdqXxwtpMAC8GSCZ2QgyHWmqt3mQ4j25AD6keSmG%2FsYWj04smIDMAC89PoWiYiLdeTGUA2E4xwztYv
Yc5UAX9ro0rPkcNVvdOPQkemCJIHH3CF2pKO1XD6WtO%2FqhvOGvStUkTH6CRuUuJ3lznBHnTH9%2FFlQN3V8Aw%2BsgFO2UnCkQxN29KA4MwHWS5rEGYak%2BR5Fbbwytcj3ZhKm6WFm%2BS027iDdURi82OO1CCyKVtorSitpFN%2F%2BPbwTgCGyaqP%2BD
15:29:28 T:7674160   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /home/colin/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.pandora
15:33:15 T:3032480624 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
15:33:15 T:2744720240  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
15:33:15 T:2744720240  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: eof, waiting for queues to empty
15:33:15 T:2744720240  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: closing audio stream
15:33:15 T:2744720240  NOTICE: Closing audio stream
15:33:15 T:2744720240  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::WaitUntilEmpty
15:33:15 T:2744720240  NOTICE: Waiting for audio thread to exit
15:33:15 T:3032480624  NOTICE: thread end: CDVDPlayerAudio::OnExit()

The "Error: ClearBlock" would seem to be interesting, if that assumption is correct, as that happened immediately after the last track started playing. Then later (presumably at the end of that track) the message about no data packet being available is logged, presumably because the stream has long been closed at that point and there isn't a new track to play.

Does this mean anything to anyone?

XBMCbuntu 11.0 / script 1.2.10-git

EDIT: OK, I completely removed the script (deleted the script folder, and the add-in data folder) then reinstalled it from the .zip file (same version 1.2.10-git), the intermittent exiting may have gone away, that seemed different from the issues others are facing, except one person a few pages back that reported the same error (ClearBlock). That error now seems gone for me, I'm pretty sure that was what was causing the random exits for me.

I am now up to my 5th song and it hasn't stopped yet, so perhaps the 'stopping' issue that others are discussing here isn't impacting me. The only thing I configured differently after re-installing the add-in was going from mp3-hifi to mp3.

As for the 4 songs, that seems pretty straightforward - you can clearly see in the log file, when you first start a radio station, the script is actually queuing 4 songs - and you can actually see the names of the songs. Then it accesses a long URL which is clearly the CDN URL for the first song in that list of 4. In the log, when the 4th songs starts playing, you can see it requesting another set of 4 songs to add to the queue, which then start playing when that 4th song has finished. So its doing it in chunks of 4 songs.

You should monitor your log carefully when you start a station playing, check for these 4 songs at the beginning, then see if it logs anything about not being able to get 4 more songs, as soon as the 4th song of the initial playlist starts playing. It should definitely log something. If there is a failure at that point, then the error/warning should be directly related to why you are only able to play the first 4 songs before the 'stopping' issue occurs.
(2013-01-09, 06:29)k3oni Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 20:35)dkplayaclub Wrote: Still not able to use the thumbs up and down buttons. Is it just me? I can not figure out why this won't work.

Can you check your pandora account and see if anything you thumbed up or down for today for ex. is showing up in there under the specific station settings?

I've gone to my Pandora page through my internet browser to check if the thumb up and down goes through, but nothing. I am sure it's not working. Strange that I'm the only one having this issue.
Quick update - yes all working now. Thumbs up/down fine, and now it doesn't just stop or exit the script. Can play for hours without a hiccup, visualisation working fine. Perfect. Will switch back to mp3-hi soon and see whether that had anything to do with it.
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon11