Patch for rtmpdump/librtmp
Do you get the same behavior using other media players with these streams? Like VLC, mplayer, or ffplay?
both sounds like timestamp issues to me. it's possible that the pulldown correction algo, which sometimes uses a wee bit of time to lock onto the proper pattern, is related.
highlandsun Wrote:Do you get the same behavior using other media players with these streams? Like VLC, mplayer, or ffplay?

I've tried trough jwplayer embedded on a website and trough Applian FLV Player,
works without a single issue.

Besides those two, I've played rtmp only in XBMC, both Windows and Ubuntu and behavior is what I've described earlier.
I'm really desperate here.

@spiff
Can I do something (xbmc or streaming flash server server side, or encoder side)?

Thx all.
Question 
davilla Wrote:easy pleasy,

cd into xbmc trunk dir

cd lib/librtmp
make
sudo make install

then do the standard

./bootstrap
./configure

check that librtmp was picked up by configure

make
sudo make install

Hi I'm trying this with a clean install of svn r31903, but ./configure doesn't seem to detect that librtmp has been compiled. Any suggestions?
Please ignore the specs in my sig, just noticed how out of date they are :oo:

XBMC 10.5 r31718 (Compiled) + Transparency! 3.06, Ubuntu Minimal Server 9.11 Karmic (2.6.31-22-generic)

Asus AT3N7A-I ION Motherboard, Intel Atom 330, 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), GeForce 8300 mGPU (Built-in), 320 GB Fujitsu MHZ2320BH Notebook 2.5" SATA, LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray & HD-ROM, PicoPSU 120W Red
Posting an update on my previous post, I've now managed to get xbmc's configure to recognise that librtmp has been compiled and installed.

I'd thought that it was a path issue with the ./configure script checking in lib/librtmp whereas the header files being checked were actually in lib/librtmp/librtmp/librtmp, however having copied files around this didn't seem to help.

In the end I used svn to get the latest version of rtmpdump and compiled that in a totally different directory. I then deleted xbmc's librtmp and copied the librtmp directory from the rtmpdump into xbmc/lib directory. Running configure seems to detect that it's installed and I've now begun the compile ... since I'm compiling on an atom though it may be a while before I get to test that it works!

XBMC 10.5 r31718 (Compiled) + Transparency! 3.06, Ubuntu Minimal Server 9.11 Karmic (2.6.31-22-generic)

Asus AT3N7A-I ION Motherboard, Intel Atom 330, 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), GeForce 8300 mGPU (Built-in), 320 GB Fujitsu MHZ2320BH Notebook 2.5" SATA, LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray & HD-ROM, PicoPSU 120W Red
Now that you say, I'm not sure wich librtmp I've compiled.

I did
cd /usr/src/
then downloaded rtmpdump from svn
and did
cd lib/librtmp
make
sudo make install

after that, I went to xbmc trunk dir and did
./bootstrap
./configure

I have librtmp working, but I'm not sure which version as last time I did exactly as davilla explained, but at the time xbmc librtmp was from rtmpdump 2.2.

Did my process compiled with librtmp from rtmpdump 2.3 or stayed with 2.2 I really don't know.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

One more thing, why is librtmp excluded from xbmc builds?
I mean, on my windows machine I don't have it at all as I don't have a clue how to compile xbmc on windows and I can say that majority of user don't know this also.

It would be awesome to have it back, or at least to give straight forward explanation how to do it.

Thx for all the great work folks, respects and gratitude!

Djape
Djape Wrote:One more thing, why is librtmp excluded from xbmc builds?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Adobe started to legally hit up anyone providing the ability to decode encrypted .swf streams unless they used the approved license. This way XBMC avoid having to do that ... they can't control what plug-ins/add-ons folks use after all.

Oh and as for what version of rtmpdump you're using, I noticed that the make file was grabbing the 2.3 tag version. It would really depend on the version of xbmc you were trying to compile, but if it is new I'd suspect 2.3. If my xbmc's refusal to register rtmp though was path related I'm not sure why no-one else is having the same issue?

On a further update, the atom finished compiling and iPlayer now works fine. awsome! Just better make sure that take some notes on what I did. One handly switch I found on configure is the:

Code:
./configure --disable-debug --prefix=/usr

The prefix=/usr will have xbmc install to the /usr/local instead of /usr/share/local. Saves me having to copy things around after (yes, I might have been dim enough to only just find that one outWink).

Thx for the info.

I did exactly the same thing you did on fresh ubuntu install.
1. rtmpdump compiled in a totally different directory.
2. deleted xbmc's librtmp and copied the librtmp directory from the rtmpdump into xbmc/lib directory
3. compiled xbmc

rtmp works, but I still have issue where live stream goes fast forward on FMS and in slow motion on Wowza. It's driving mi nuts Big Grin

I've also tried some other live rtmp streams I've found on internet - same results. Fast forwards or slow motion depending from which server is streamed.

I also suspect that timestamp is problem here, as spiff wrote, but I'm not sure how to solve this. It works the same no matter what hardware is used, tried on several machines, from atom 230 with intel gma (ubuntu) to amd quad core with nvidia (windows).

I've played with encoder side also, with timestamp and without...
...so I'm puzzled if someone has been able to successfully watch live rtmp stream without ff and slow motion at all.

Cheers...
Hi

I have just upgraded from a Camalot based build with all of the RTMP and IPLayer patches applied, to the Ubuntu-PPA version of Dhama-Beta1.

My old build worked seemlessly with IPLayer streams, however the new Dhama build fails to seek correctly (playback locks up). Has anyone else observed this behaviour?

Log at http://pastebin.com/GyeGfYF5.

Cheers

Daniel
can this only be used with svn/beta releases of xbmc?

i have the 10.1 stable version installed on ubuntu.

having problems with sounds playing in web flash streams.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103939

stumbled across this thread, compiled & installed the librtmp rel 2.3 on my system, but can't find the "xbmc/lib" directory, let alone a sub-dir titled libRTMP to symlink it to.

or have i read it incorrectly, and need to install librtmp, then download the xbmc source, copied the librtmp files at this point into the source files, then compile?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Patch for rtmpdump/librtmp0