XBMC Live via USB drive can't find internal PC Hard Drive
Hey All,

I'm a newbie to xbmc. I have xbmc live installed on USB chip to my acer aspire revo. Hard drives that are connected via USB are automatically shown, however the internal hard drive to the computer does not show or and cant be added as a source (Both C: and DSmile. Searched for a few days and couldn't come up with anything. Tried sharing the drives and removing firewall and nothing has worked. Can anyone help on this?

XBMC Live Version - Camelot
OS - Windows XP w/ SP3
Hardware stats - Intel ATOM 230 1.6GHz Processor
1GB of DDR2 Memory
Partition HD (C: and DSmile 160GB total.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think what you need to do is remove the "nodiskmount" option from /boot/grub/menu.lst

Here is what to try

Load up xbmc from flash drive. Once loaded go to the shutdown menu and exit xbmc so you are left at the command promt.

Then type

Quote:sudo nano /boot/grub/menu.lst

Find the kernel line and delete "nodiskmount" from it. Then hit ctrl+x and select yes to save file. Then just reboot, Hopefully when you reboot you can add ur drive as a source.

Quote:sudo reboot

cheers
harryzimm Wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think what you need to do is remove the "nodiskmount" option from /boot/grub/menu.lst

Here is what to try

Load up xbmc from flash drive. Once loaded go to the shutdown menu and exit xbmc so you are left at the command promt.

Then type

Find the kernel line and delete "nodiskmount" from it. Then hit ctrl+x and select yes to save file. Then just reboot, Hopefully when you reboot you can add ur drive as a source.

cheers

Thanks for the quick response harryzim. I cant seem to find the kernel line that says "nodiskmount",even if I do a search. In fact, there's no text at all in the .lst file. Any other ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live via USB drive can't find internal PC Hard Drive0