• 3(current)
Xperience1080 (preview & svn)
I expected this to run terribly on my C2D @ 2.5Ghz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 9300 iGPU, Arch Linux x64 setup and it did. That is, until I realized XBMC's video out had been set to 24hz for some reason. Putting it back at 60hz made the skin run smoothly. Thanks for this.
Anyone tried this on the Nvidia ION platform?
Dannydeman Wrote:Anyone tried this on the Nvidia ION platform?

Yup have an Asrock 330 seems to work okay, peformance wise, on a 1080p @ 60 hz.

Few bugs here/unfinished parts lots of potential in this mod Smile
Just wondering... when you're in fullscreen music, there's a comment box-style bit showing next track info. It flips over every now and again, is there a reason for this? I assumed it would be to show the prev playing track info, but its not showing for me.
It should show track number, genre and bitrate of the now playing track but there's something not working with the animation so it's empty at the moment. Smile
'Black, just want to say what an amazing mod this is! The animations, textures and attention to detail are truly outstanding and what I had hoped for from the original Xperience (not that Team Blackbolt didn't also do an incredible job, as I know from my limited work on Aeon how massive an undertaking this is to create a skin from scratch). Just want to say thanks! This is now my primary skin.
Leeuw Wrote:'Black, just want to say what an amazing mod this is! The animations, textures and attention to detail are truly outstanding and what I had hoped for from the original Xperience (not that Team Blackbolt didn't also do an incredible job, as I know from my limited work on Aeon how massive an undertaking this is to create a skin from scratch). Just want to say thanks! This is now my primary skin.

It was Team Blackbolt who made the skin, hello but I could peek your poke, but why didnt your peek my poke?

I can read code and adjust but I can never write code. If I adjusted Handles music, it does not make me the original composer.

Black has taken months of work, added a few tweaks, and hey presto.

There was a team of people who created the original script and not just one person.

Although Black has done a sterling job adding a few things or helping to up the game on this, but lets not forget who don the script.

Credit where credit is due, but
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
MarkTaunton Wrote:It was Team Blackbolt who made the skin, hello but I could peek your poke, but why didnt your peek my poke?

I can read code and adjust but I can never write code. If I adjusted Handles music, it does not make me the original composer.

Black has taken months of work, added a few tweaks, and hey presto.

There was a team of people who created the original script and not just one person.

Although Black has done a sterling job adding a few things or helping to up the game on this, but lets not forget who don the script.

Credit where credit is due, but

he did give credit to Team blackbolt! it's the whole idea of a mod, take the original and make changes to possibly improve or add elements. from what i can see there is no sign in Leeuw's post in anyway taking credit away from Team Blackbolt for there outstanding work.

Maybe you would take the time to read the post again and climb down of your soap box Tongue

imo the more 1080 skin converstions come out the better Tongue
z][ggy;512633 Wrote:he did give credit to Team blackbolt! it's the whole idea of a mod, take the original and make changes to possibly improve or add elements. from what i can see there is no sign in Leeuw's post in anyway taking credit away from Team Blackbolt for there outstanding work.

Maybe you would take the time to read the post again and climb down of your soap box Tongue

imo the more 1080 skin converstions come out the better Tongue
I fail to understand why the need for more 1080 skins as 720 skins will upscale
perfectly well on a 1080 display, that's my oppinion but i finally got this version of blacks and am slowly getting used to it. theres some nice animations in there plus loads of bugs and yes i know it's work in progress which is why i'm not going to write a list of at least 10 major bugs.
But as mr taunton has said let's not forget the guys who have spent nearly a year creating.
Black do you intend on leaving the music visualsation screen as it is? if so how would i go about getting the visualisations to work or would team b's version work with it ok?
Look forward to seeing how this progresses. nice work blackSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:I fail to understand why the need for more 1080 skins as 720 skins will upscale
perfectly well on a 1080 display, that's my oppinion but i finally got this version of blacks and am slowly getting used to it. theres some nice animations in there plus loads of bugs and yes i know it's work in progress which is why i'm not going to write a list of at least 10 major bugs.
But as mr taunton has said let's not forget the guys who have spent nearly a year creating.
Black do you intend on leaving the music visualsation screen as it is? if so how would i go about getting the visualisations to work or would team b's version work with it ok?
Look forward to seeing how this progresses. nice work blackSmile

going from 720 to 1080 is progression ie moving with the times so to speak, i fully understand that 720 scales fine but 1080 does give a beter clarity imo
z][ggy;512674 Wrote:going from 720 to 1080 is progression ie moving with the times so to speak, i fully understand that 720 scales fine but 1080 does give a beter clarity imo
Sometimes your eyes decieve you but be that as it may.
And the majority of users will be using 720p and some still using 480/540(SD)
So 1080 users are in the minority. Besides if all Skins were coded and the textures were 1080 also then i would imagine it would cause problems for alot of people using lower spec machines... getting of soap box now lol
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Never meant to downplay the work by Team Blackbolt, they obviously did a massive amount of work to create the skin. This is a mod of that effort. I think a number of textures were basically remade from scratch, as well as re-coding of animations. That is nothing to sneeze at either. Great work all around, I'm just happy to have the benefit of so many people's hard work.
not really the resolution itself that draw me towards this mod. it's the texture/animation changes :-)
www.emuxtras.net | EFnet #EmuXtras
Did try it on the Asrock ION 330. It is useble, but the performance is just not good enough for my taste. Hope some of the stuff you did will also be in the next 720P version Smile
Dannydeman Wrote:Did try it on the Asrock ION 330. It is useble, but the performance is just not good enough for my taste. Hope some of the stuff you did will also be in the next 720P version Smile

You may not want to go into detail (because I think you've decided to not use Xperience), but which bits are too slow for you? I have the same PC and for me, the homemenu is fine, music in files mode is fine, pictures mode.. little slower, movies are the slowest part really, and got even slower when the metatag icons were added in later versions. Posterview is quite decent however, tho I choose not to display the fanart to keep the speed up.

But on reflection, I still think Xperience's speed in MyMovies is far preferable to any of the Aeon variations. Tried that Aeon Showmix the other day, eesh, someone took Aeon and made it crapper-looking! Oo

I still keep going back to MediaStream tho... you can't beat the speed.

Can't wait to see some interesting music viewtypes in Xperience Smile

had an idea tho.. could you not just run XBMC in 720p if you want Xperience to run well? Or does xperience1080 *only* run in 1080?

(I set my thumbquality to 512 in advancedsettings.xml)

Other ppl talk about downsizing their fanart/posterarts, but for me that's way too much involvement.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 (preview & svn)1