• 7(current)
Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as the default video player?
All you have to do is rename your video files to .flv for dvd player or .mp4 for mplayer. Once renamed, press the white button on either file, and it'll change the default player for those files
Thumbs Up 
nikorc Wrote:Is there a way to set mkv files to default to the DVDplayer and not the mplayer in xbmc?

I have been searching for a way to do this for a while. using the advanced settings works fine for setting dvdplayer as default for all, but i found performance issues when switching tv episodes that did not really require the dvdplayer.

I stumbled upon an thread that discussed the playercorefactory.xml settings, but it seemed a little complex for what I wanted to do and was really geared toward xbmc on pcs and not xboxes and I didn't even attempt to use it.

However I found out today while browsing through the XBMC folder on my xbox that there is a pre-configured playercorefactory.xml in the XBMC/system folder! I only had to edit the file by adding the file extensions I wanted to be used in the dvdplayer section!
Quote:<!-- dvdplayer generally plays these better -->
<rule name="mp4/ogv/flv" filetypes="mp4|ogv|flv|mkv|m4v" player="DVDPlayer" />

I added the |mkv|m4v to the default playercorefactory.xml and disabled the advancedsettings.xml I made earlier in the XBMC/UserData and it works PERFECTLY!!!!

I am sure you could add even more advanced rules for other filetypes and extensions just by looking at the default playercorefactory.xml and the thread here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_playback

Now I no longer have to use that damn white button! Big Grin

Note that the external player link states that the playercorefactory.xml should be put in the userdata folder, but it works just fine for me leaving it in the system folder.

Version Note:
I am using t3ch build from around 11/2009 (not sure of the revision, I can get the info if needed)
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as the default video player?1