Shutdown/Restart dropping to login prompt
Whenever I select Shutdown/Reboot/Suspend (or press the power button on my MCE remote), my XBMC box drops to a standard linux login prompt.

As this is being used as an appliance, I'd rather it did shutdown as instructed.

Its an Acer Revo ION, originally installed as XBMC-Live. Then added XFCE, Mythbuntu-Control-Centre and setup MythBacked.

When I go into System Settings/Power the Shutdown options are $-1$ and $-2$ which looks a bit odd.

In the .lirc folder in the xbmc home account, there is a file for mythtv, but no lirc file for xbmc. (I would accept getting lirc to do a shutdown -h now) as a workaround instead of getting the xbmc controls to do it.

Your help is very much appreciated, this is my last remaining issue!

Regards,
Pat.
This is a permission problem.
From what I have seen in the forum this can happen for different reasons, but since you have added a lot of stuff perhaps you have the same problems as I. If too much gnome stuff is added I get permissions problem and usb mount stop working.

Does usb mount still work for you when in xbmc?
Will shutdown -h work? Will it not complain about not being root?
Hardware: ASUS P5N7A-VM with 2GB RAM and Intel Celeron 430 1,8GHz @ 3,06GHz
xbmc dont do shutdown -h

try:
Quote:sudo apt-get install policykit-1 devicekit-power

sudo nano /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla
add:

[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.*;org.freedesktop.devicekit.power.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable;org.freedesktop.hal.device.volume
ResultActive=yes
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=yes
Thank you. That worked!

Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown/Restart dropping to login prompt0