[RELEASE] Bierdopje Subtitles - Subtitle Search and Download Script
generator Wrote:Well I use sick beard, which automatically downloads and renames all of my files (the way I like it). So the script's guess is as good as mine.

And besides that, if it only finds one subtitle maybe it should download that one automatically (I didn't even get more than one suggestion in the times I've tried the script).

Maybe you can add an option to automatically download the first find. And if I find out it's the wrong one, I run the script again for that particular file and choose another.
There should be some logic in determining the "best" match, otherwise it's just a random guess.
If you don't have any control on the type of download that sick beard offers, than that's a missed opportunity of sick beard.

For all the new popular tv show series, there are at least two different download types: xvid and mkv's, and that means at least two subtitles to choose from.
I could implement to automatically download the subtitles if there is only one, but I haven't seen any new and popular tv show series that is only available in one type.
works superbly and fast. I like the option to use the opensubtitles osd as well, good thinking.

Would it be possible to implement so that it searches for dutch and english. Sometimes one of them is a real bad subtitle and than i switch to the other. But now i have to go into options and change the language selection.

will you implement other sites in the future as well? (podnapisi, opensubtitles) for elder subtitles which are often not on bierdopje?

I really like the script, smooth and clean.
mr_blobby Wrote:There should be some logic in determining the "best" match, otherwise it's just a random guess.
If you don't have any control on the type of download that sick beard offers, than that's a missed opportunity of sick beard.

For all the new popular tv show series, there are at least two different download types: xvid and mkv's, and that means at least two subtitles to choose from.
I could implement to automatically download the subtitles if there is only one, but I haven't seen any new and popular tv show series that is only available in one type.

with Sick beard I can choose the quality it should download. But it changes the filename to "show - s??e?? - episode name.ext".
Maybe it's possible that your script can check the file extension (mkv or avi)?
hey, scripts works great, thanks alot!
I really like this script, and I'd like to be able use it for all my series. But, unfortunatly, I can't get it to work on my Castle downloads. I know the series is listed on bierdopje.com, and I know I've got exactly matching file names for the files and the subs, but still the script doesn't find any Castle episodes on bierdopje. I *think* it might be because in the file name the series is called castle.2009 and the name on the website is castle (2009). Could this be the cause?
I've noticed, that when the TV Show has a ' (quote) in it,like Grey's Anatomy, bierdopje cannot find any results for the subtitles.. Is this fixable?
Guys, i've been using xbmc for quite some time now but i'm a rookie on this forum and all the scripting... love all these addons/scripts though, great work!!!

But i have a question, everytime i try to use the bierdorpje script, it comes back with an error. I've posted the log file here: http://pastebin.com/3crqzHi6

I've tried to set the download to at least a dozen of folders, but every time it comes back with the error that it's unable to save the file. Do you guys have any idea how to fix this? Or does it have to do that i'm running xbmc on an xbox and that's not supported?!?

Tnx in advance!

Daan
I can't get this script to work as part of the add-on subtitles script. Other sources, like opensubtitles.org download subtitles just fine. However when I try to use Bierdopje, it *does* find the subtitles, but it gets stuck on "downloading"...

No matter how long I wait the subtitle never gets downloaded. Anyone else seeing this ? Aren't you supposed to enter a username/pass somewhere for downloading subtitles from Bierdopje ?

Would love to get this to work...
Belgium Wrote:Aren't you supposed to enter a username/pass somewhere for downloading subtitles from Bierdopje ?

You don't need a username/pass. That's all I can tell you about your problem.
Belgium Wrote:I can't get this script to work as part of the add-on subtitles script. Other sources, like opensubtitles.org download subtitles just fine. However when I try to use Bierdopje, it *does* find the subtitles, but it gets stuck on "downloading"...

No matter how long I wait the subtitle never gets downloaded. Anyone else seeing this ? Aren't you supposed to enter a username/pass somewhere for downloading subtitles from Bierdopje ?

Had this problem, you probably selected a download directory where you don't have write-rights.
rolandb5 Wrote:Had this problem, you probably selected a download directory where you don't have write-rights.

BINGO !

Thanks ! Working fine now !
If I download a subtitle using this script the layout of the file changes. This results in having additional enters in betweenlines:

It should look like this:
00:00:00,200 --> 00:00:04,100
Mijn naam is Michael Westen.
Ik was een spion totdat...

BUT, after it downloads the file layout changes and looks like this

00:00:00,200 --> 00:00:04,100

Mijn naam is Michael Westen.

Ik was een spion totdat...

Because of these extra enters XBMC does not recognize the timestamps anymore and shows the whole raw text in the first second of the movie/episode.

When I manually download the subtitle just by using my browser and using the website no errors happen. So the actual file on the website is fine.

Does anyone recognizes this problem?
Belgium Wrote:BINGO !

Thanks ! Working fine now !
Where can you change that? Share my series with smb and in my MAC i have all rights to the disk and folders. Where i must put all right correctly on xbmc then, so i can download subs? Want the .srt files in the same folder as my series, but won't work and have all rights
Reverb Wrote:Where can you change that? Share my series with smb and in my MAC i have all rights to the disk and folders. Where i must put all right correctly on xbmc then, so i can download subs? Want the .srt files in the same folder as my series, but won't work and have all rights
You shouldn't be using this script anymore.
Please upgrade to XBMC version 10 and use the xbmc subtitles add-on wich can be found in the official XBMC.org repository under Subtitles subsection.
And if you have issues with the xbmc subtitles add-on, please post them in this topic: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75437

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Bierdopje Subtitles - Subtitle Search and Download Script0