[MOD] Kiosk Mode
Smile 
Before updating to Camelot (and Confluence) I used a version of the Aeon skin. A feature I found very useful was the “Kiosk Mode” which allowed you to turn off the menus which change the views in the media screens (ie the menu bars that slide out from the left-hand side). Here is a mod I did to bring that functionality to Confluence – once you turn on the setting (SYSTEM-Skin-General) the left slide-out menu will no longer appear when you press left or up. I hope some other people out there find it useful:

Its not too hard to implement if you know where to look.

STEP 1: Edit custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml (back it up first) and after line 197 add this control:

<control type="radiobutton" id="1010">
<width>750</width>
<height>40</height>
<font>font13</font>
<label>Enable Kiosk Mode (disable slideout menu)</label>
<textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
<focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
<texturefocus>MenuItemFO.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>MenuItemNF.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(kiosk)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(kiosk)</selected>
</control>

STEP 2: Edit MyVideoNav.xml (back it up first) and after line 4 (<views>50,500,501...etc</views>) add the following on a new line:

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kiosk)</visible>

STEP 3: Repeat Step 2 for MyMusicNav.xml and MyPics.xml (and to reiterate, back them up first)

Now you can toggle Kiosk Mode on and off by going to SYSTEM > SKIN > GENERAL and its up the top under ‘Miscellaneous’.

Note: This mod also disables the scroll bars - you can still see them, you just can't 'select' them for ultra-fast scrolling.
Thanks, can you upload a copy of your mod, for easier use
Thank you, really useful.
I just want to thank Crookas for this fantastic modification in Confluence.
With this Kiosk -mode I can "lock" the views so that the wife and kids don't get confused with different views after accidentally changing them Big Grin

Thanks also for Weirded who mentioned in thread,
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70128
that you also need to modify the MyVideo.xml. Kiosk mode did not work for me until I modified MyVideo.xml (aswell as MyVideoNav.xml)

Thanks a bunch guys !
Thanks Crookas.
I applied your ideas to my Confluence mod for the Xbox and by putting the visible condition in the slideout menu i have full working scrollbars.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Good tip xbs08. For anybody else I added the <visible> code before lien 157 of MyVideoNav.xml

I never had to make any changes to MyVideo.xml

Code:
<include>CommonPageCount</include>
<include>BehindDialogFadeOut</include>
<include>ScrollOffsetLabel</include>
<control type="group">
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="250,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="ControlGroup(9000).HasFocus | ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus | Control.HasFocus(8999)">Conditional</animation>
what editors are you using to edit? ive been using notepad! ha so when you say line 197 does that mean ill have to count down to 197th line?

Cheers,
jamie
Notepad++
I stopped been lazy and just did the count, love the kiosk mode, no more confusion when other people are usign it now Wink
Hi Crookas, great idea! Can you do a similar mod for PM3.HD as well? I have no idea about programming, but me and plenty of others would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks. This is a great little mod.

Like a previous poster said, I also had to modify "MyVideo.xml". Without that, just the videos section wasn't included, only Movies and TV Shows seemed to be affected by "MyVideoNav.xml". I also had to modify "MyMusicSongs.xml" for that option to work within the Music section. Just an FYI for anybody else having issues.
slizzap Wrote:Thanks. This is a great little mod.

Like a previous poster said, I also had to modify "MyVideo.xml". Without that, just the videos section wasn't included, only Movies and TV Shows seemed to be affected by "MyVideoNav.xml". I also had to modify "MyMusicSongs.xml" for that option to work within the Music section. Just an FYI for anybody else having issues.
Yep, modify MyMusicNav.xml
<window id="502">
<defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>
<allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
<views>50,500,550,509,506,511,512,513</views>
<controls

This feature is in the next release of influence (coming soon Big Grin )
yiarkyiark Wrote:Yep, modify MyMusicNav.xml
<window id="502">
<defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>
<allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
<views>50,500,550,509,506,511,512,513</views>
<controls

This feature is in the next release of influence (coming soon Big Grin )

Oh nice! Just an FYI to you, though, or anybody else doing this mod in the meantime...I noticed after the fact that it knocked out the mouse in some of these pages. *only* under the Music and Video screens I could move the mouse but it wouldn't highlight anything or let me click anything. I found the best location to place that line where it doesn't affect the mouse is by searching for a line that says "<include>SideBladeLeft</include>" and placing "<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kiosk)</visible>" directly below it. For example, in MyVideoNav.xml it would be:

<texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
<visible>true</visible>
</control>
<include>SideBladeLeft</include>
<control type="image">
<description>LOGO</description>
<posx>-230</posx>

I'm not a guru so I don't know why it only affected the mouse in Music (MyMusicSongs.XML) and Videos (MyVideo.xml), but I made that change in line location across the board just for consistency.

So in addition to adding the actual option in "custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml", these are the files I modified:

MyMusicNav.xml
MyMusicSongs.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
MyPics.xml
MyVideo.xml

Hope that helps.
Nice tips, be useful for my skin
Could you implement this for the Ellipsis skin? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Kiosk Mode0