Video was fine, now XBMC is complaining about my driver
I recently installed XBMC Live 9.11 on a machine with a dual-core Atom CPU and an 8400GS video card. I have no audio, but video has been working fine. After a recent reboot, I'm now getting a dialog box saying:

XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering
Install an appropriate graphics driver.
Please consult XBMC Wiki for supported hardware
(URL)

There's only one button- Quit. I click it and it takes me to an XBMCLive login prompt.

I'm a noob with this stuff, and I have no idea where to go from here. Please help!
You need to upgrade/re-install the graphical drivers. It happens when something in linux is updated..then the drivers "breaks".
vikjon0 Wrote:You need to upgrade/re-install the graphical drivers. It happens when something in linux is updated..then the drivers "breaks".
Thanks for the response! Can you please point me toward a noob-friendly procedure for doing that?
noob I dont know. I am not sure how this is intended to work in "live". I guess the best noob way is to re-install and not doing any updates.

It might also be easier to use the official ubuntu navidia driver that now support VDPAU on most cards(?). I dont have any code to install that in live though...this is what I have:

Quote:Install "restricted drivers" for NVIDIA from 3rd party PPA

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
add
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
Add key
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com CEC06767

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic nvidia-glx-195

sudo apt-get install pkg-config
sudo nvidia-xconfig -s --no-logo --force-generate

Could be wise to replece 195 with 190 or 185. 195 worked for me a week ago but I saw someting in the forum about problems.
Thanks! I ended up downloading the 195.26.15.run file from Nvidia's website. chmod +x and ran it. Video is good again. Now, back to trying to figure out how to get my audio to work...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video was fine, now XBMC is complaining about my driver0