Launching a python script from the extrenalplayer construct
Can we start a python script from the external player construct?

I'd like to:

from the video browser select an iso ==> externalplayer

mount it in vcd
find the largest .m2ts/browse the mounted image for the appropriate .m2ts
instruct xbmc to play it

The reason for my request is below.

I'm struggling trying to play (bd)iso's. Various scripts to mount and play them with a vcd and powerdvd combo have turned aout to be a real pain as XBMC doesn't want to wait until playing is finished and tries to grab the fullscreen from powerdvd and fails leading to a "XBMC has stopped working" window message.

The source of the problem could be Eventghost's exclusivity macro not doing what it's supposed to, or xbmc being impatient.

Regardless of the reason, i feel the external script solution is an ugly one, even if it did work. Especially since xbmc is perfectly capable of playing m2ts.

So what i'd really like now is, when i choose an iso to play, for xbmc to mount it and let me browse it's structure choosing which .m2ts to play (it could even autoselect the largest one!).

Trying to do this with a script works for the mount (it does come up with the "press ok when the external player finishes" message. Any way to get rid of that? ). Then you have to navigate xbmc back to the virtual bd drive to choose the .m2ts and play it. Any way to streamline this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launching a python script from the extrenalplayer construct0