musicOverlay.xml
is the length of the fade label in the musicoverlay.xml fixed in character length? i'd like to make it scroll across the entire bottom of the screen if possible.

this is the default from the mediacenter skin:

<control>
<description>album/artist/genre etc info label</description>
<type>fadelabel</type>
<id>5</id>
</control>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
please look in references.xml
this file contains all default values for all types of controls.
in there you will see:
Quote:<control>
<description>default fadelabel</description>
<type>fadelabel</type>
<id>5</id>
<posx>55</posx>
<posy>530</posy>
<width>180</width>
<align>left</align>
<font>font13</font>
<textcolor>ffb2d4f5</textcolor>
</control>

only some of these values are overridden in musicoverlay.xml
anyway you'll notice the witdh property which by default is 180. this value together with the font width determines how many characters will be shown.
if you want to use the entire screen then edit musicoverlay.xml
and change it too: (for pal 720x576):

Quote:<control>
<description>album/artist/genre etc info label</description>
<type>fadelabel</type>
<id>5</id>
<width>720</width>
</control>
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
thanks frodo. i wasnt sure where the default values were stored. i'll check it out later.

i know that not all tags are applicable to all controls. am i correct in assuming that all applicable tags for a given control are defaulted in references.xml?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Quote:am i correct in assuming that all applicable tags for a given control are defaulted in references.xml?
yep
references.xml contains the default values for all tags/control
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
thanks. i found references.xml but there are multiple controls with the same id number. if these are default parameters for each control "type", why is there an id for each one? (and the id's are not unique.)
adding a width tag sort of did what i was looking for. i was hoping to have the information scroll across the entire screen from right to left, but thats not the case.

at first my changed appeared to do nothing as theres not much difference with short names. i tagged some files with really long names as a test to be sure. the text is right justified and enough characters are filled in fit the given width. then it scrolls. the next piece of information comes up once the last character has scrolled off the left side of the screen.

any possibility of changing this or adding a new control type where label isnt filled in to the full width at the start but just scrolls across the width in either direction?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
musicOverlay.xml0