Removing artists from library
high all,
I scanned some new albums to my library but the ID Tags were mixed up so now there are some artists from compilations in my library. Question is how can i remove them from the library? In movies theres the option "remove from library" but i couldn't find this in music. Also tried clean library option under music settings but it dint helped. Other way i gonna delete the whole DB and rescan all? Would be happy for any hint Smile

Thanks
The way I did was:

Remove the source
then go to-
Setting>Music>Clean Library

Then fixed what I had too and re-added source

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Hili Wrote:high all,
I scanned some new albums to my library but the ID Tags were mixed up so now there are some artists from compilations in my library. Question is how can i remove them from the library? In movies theres the option "remove from library" but i couldn't find this in music. Also tried clean library option under music settings but it dint helped. Other way i gonna delete the whole DB and rescan all? Would be happy for any hint Smile

Thanks
If you don't scare easily, you could edit the music database with some SQLite tool like SQLiteSpy. The music db is located in userdata\databases\MyVideos34.db
The queries you should run are:
Quote:DELETE FROM song WHERE idArtist in(SELECT idArtist FROM artist WHERE strArtist IN("ArtistName1","ArtistName2",...,"ArtistNameN"));
DELETE FROM artist WHERE strArtist IN("ArtistName1","ArtistName2",...,"ArtistNameN");
Replace "ArtistName1","ArtistName2",...,"ArtistNameN" with the list of artists you want to delete between double quotes and separated by commas.
Be extra careful when typing the queries though, or you could end up deleting more data than intended.
Or just fix tags scans then "Update Library". It'll take care of it for you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thx, jmarshal i fixed the tags already but then i run "clean up library" i thought with updating the library its only looking for new items not for changed ones. I will try that..... thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing artists from library0