Moved tv show files, updated path table, db broken
I've moved a folder for my tv show files and updated the path table in the db, but all the shows no longer have any thumbs or fanart, however the episode screen shots still exist. it also takes a very long time to access the tv show details. any ideas?
Is deleting the database entirely and rebuilding it not an option?
i had a similar thing and all i did was click on the episode then click on episode info this then put my thumbs back up however i do extract my library in seperate files not sure if this will make a difference

hope you find a fix if this dont work

paul
Thumbnails are cached based on the media path. Media path change -> broken thumbs.

Recent versions of XBMC allow the database to be dumped to XML, changed then reimported. Including thumbs.

Alternatively, export to separate files then reimport. Obvious disadvantages with this is increased clutter of the filesystem + more hassle if you want to change thumbs later.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Recent versions of XBMC allow the database to be dumped to XML, changed then reimported. Including thumbs.

This did the trick beautifully. Thanks for the great tip!

edwinmcdunlap Wrote:Is deleting the database entirely and rebuilding it not an option?

Yes, it really wasn't option. While I would be okay with losing the watched flags, it would mess up the "newest" views. (If XBMC could sort by release date, air date or even file date there would be no problem. That would also fix the reload info and appear as new thing).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moved tv show files, updated path table, db broken0