The current assigment of buttons..
Sad 
hi.

in xbmc normal operations the back button is used to quit whatever mode is active. for example going back from videomenu to root menu or quitting the pictureviewer.
the thing is: mplayer does not quit on "back button", it does only rewind a small amount of time.
this is *bad* for usability(atleast from my point of view..)
i say: make "back button" quit mplayer and let "b" button handle the rewinding. if you do not agree, please state why...i am curious Smile

mplayer rewind speed.... the left trigger rewinds at 2x,4x,8x....
the problem is that 2x rewind is serveral times as fast as 2x forwarding. it has been like this for some time

one more thing: the left menu bar, is something going to be done about that?
i would hide the buttons in a submenu or something.
the dvd button should be context based... no dvd - no button

thanks for a great software!
totally agree on the keymapping issue.

as for the rewind/wind issue this is caused by the fact that mplayer doesn't support it and thus the current implementation is simply a (somewhat) dirty hack. mplayer only supports skips..

the play dvd thingy will be moved to a context menu soon if i've understood
jmarshall correctly.
everything spiff says is entirely correct - i agree completely.

i'm currently reviewing a number of the gui components (see my pictures and my files for examples) and getting them working nicer/more obviously etc. plus hiding stuff away in the context menu (which imo should be mapped to start by default - start is currently stop - what's up with that!??).

once i've got the button scroller for the homepage down (almost finished now - just a few finishing touches) i'm going to be redoing the settings screens.

after that, i think my videos is the next one i'll look in to.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi and thanks for your replies.

about mplayer rewinding: couldn't we just go to a previous i-frame(or was it p? my memory is full of holes..) and then fastforward the correct amount from there?

you don't happen to know if there is a xbox crosscompiler for linux? i would be interested at poking at the source - but i do not feel like installing the whole microsoft dev suite just for that.

one more suggestion: what about showing the stack icon as soon as you select the stacked files? would make the whole thing a lot clearer. you still would have to press a button to choose which file.

nice to hear about the planned improvements Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The current assigment of buttons..0