"Switch Media" Broken?
The switch media currently only works if you have the same source setup in the other modes.

This wasn't the case before. You could go into a source/folder under videos and then use
the switch media feature and it would keep you in the same folder. Now, it will work if you
have the same source setup in the mode you are switching to but if not, it brings you to
the root of that new selected mode.

Is this a bug or did someone deliberately change it so that it works this way?

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
No one deliberately changed it. This is a classic example of just how much future work is required for a relative straight forward feature. I'm sure that the feature is just a couple of lines of code, 10-20 tops.

Unfortunately, the future maintenance cost is rarely taken into account when folk add such features. I'd be really keen on ripping it out to be quite honest. It's a hack in place to make up for the poor synchronisation of each of the views. After all, it only works in files view and only makes sense if you actually have a bunch of different media types in each folder. If you do, why don't we just display 'em?

A patch to fix it will be considered. I doubt anyone else will fix it other than the fix I recommended in paragraph 2... Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:After all, it only works in files view and only makes sense if you actually have a bunch of different media types in each folder. If you do, why don't we just display 'em?

A patch to fix it will be considered. I doubt anyone else will fix it other than the fix I recommended in paragraph 2... Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan

Yeah i always wondered the same thing. Why not just display everything that
XBMC supports...

Although i love the library, i do have one main Download folder where i have
all mixed media before i clean up the filenames, add .nfos, etc...

Sometimes, i will want to watch/listen/view something before i have had time
to add it to the library. I guess i will just add the same sources in all media
types for now.

Thanks for the always cordial and informative replies! Big Grin
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Switch Media" Broken?0