• 6(current)
At3iont-i deluxe
ion_man Wrote:I don't see RGB mentioned anywhere, only RCA (audio out).

On the ASUS site http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=iHWm73RqE6MCmCtw go to:

Specifications
-> VGA
-> "Supports RGB with max. resolution up to 2048x1536x32Bppx75Hz"

This is also mentioned in the downloadable manual but it does not give any other info on how to use it.

Huh

Update: just looked behing the old man's TV, it has: one yellow RCA (video in), and one s-video, three RGB RCA's, and one SCART RGB in.
sqbox Wrote:On the ASUS site http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=iHWm73RqE6MCmCtw go to:

Specifications
-> VGA
-> "Supports RGB with max. resolution up to 2048x1536x32Bppx75Hz"

That's VGA, a VGA output is always RGB, you only need to find a "VGA to SCART" or "VGA to RCA-RGB" adapter. The main problem could be the sync signal, but there are suitable adapters.

This should really be discussed further (if necessary) in a separate thread as it's in no way specific to this mobo.
Ogi010 Wrote:When you get a watt meter, please do post here your results, I would be eager to see them Smile
I have a watt meter now (but not a super accurate one) and here are some results:
  • Board powered off and power brick plugged in:
    1 watt

• Board powered off and additional usb devices attached:
    (one external iomega hd 200gb which has the os until I get my replacement sdd and one Crystalfonts 16x2 lcd screen)
    3 watts

• Board powered on, usb devices on, cpu idle:
    14 watts

• Board powered on, usb devices on, cpu/gpu 100%
    16-17 watts

• Board powered on, usb devices on, plus 2x2tb seagate barracuda harddisks:
    22 watts-24 watts

Suspend values appear to be 0-1 watts more than the values while poweroff.

I'm very satisfied with these results. Surely much much better than my previous htpc.
were you guys able to get DD or DTS 5.1 or higher bitstreams to work with your receiver? (a possibly clueless reviewer on newegg claim that he only gets 2 channel audio with SPDIF and 1 channel over HDMI)
ph77 Wrote:I have a watt meter now (but not a super accurate one) and here are some results:
  • Board powered off and power brick plugged in:
    1 watt

• Board powered off and additional usb devices attached:
    (one external iomega hd 200gb which has the os until I get my replacement sdd and one Crystalfonts 16x2 lcd screen)
    3 watts

• Board powered on, usb devices on, cpu idle:
    14 watts

• Board powered on, usb devices on, cpu/gpu 100%
    16-17 watts

• Board powered on, usb devices on, plus 2x2tb seagate barracuda harddisks:
    22 watts-24 watts

Suspend values appear to be 0-1 watts more than the values while poweroff.

I'm very satisfied with these results. Surely much much better than my previous htpc.

great bit of information! I just saw on nvidia's site that Asus has announced the next generation ion MB: ASUS AT5IONC-I (from http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_72770.html ).

I haven't seen any kind of release date, but I'll probably pick up that guy when it comes out.
jakeluck1 Wrote:were you guys able to get DD or DTS 5.1 or higher bitstreams to work with your receiver? (a possibly clueless reviewer on newegg claim that he only gets 2 channel audio with SPDIF and 1 channel over HDMI)
My receiver does not have hdmi input so I cannot verify the HDMI channels.
I use the SPDIF (connected to the receiver) and I sure get DD/DTS.
HDMI (connected to TV, as my receiver does not have hdmi) does not sound good but it is a driver problem. I use Linux and latest nvidia driver is broken. But with older driver (or in Windows) it should work fine.
Ogi010 Wrote:great bit of information! I just saw on nvidia's site that Asus has announced the next generation ion MB: ASUS AT5IONC-I (from http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_72770.html ).

I haven't seen any kind of release date, but I'll probably pick up that guy when it comes out.
I am not sure that it's worth to wait. Apart from the seriously higher price, I think that the first batch of next gen ions will be kind of "testing the limits/options" boards. I imagine that the batch after that (next year probably) will have serious improvements, error corrections and perhaps capable to deliver *really* fanless systems.
Just wondering if any of you are running the Aeon skin ? I've heard from people that the Atom just isn't beefy enough to run it smooth so I've been hesitant to jump on this. If it runs good then I might just jump on it Smile

Thanks
which build of the XBMC are you guys running on this board? I am using the version installed from the live 9.11 replack iso. While 1080p plays smoothly under VDPAU, somehow DVD(VIDEO_TS or ISO) are stuttering. Any suggestions? What are your video hardware playback settings(vblank etc etc...)
Since this weekend I also have this board. I am using ubuntu 9.10 . My Problem is that DVD and XVID runs perfect. But 1080p is stuttering a bit. Do I have to do a BIOS flash ? Can somebody please post the BIOS settings I have to choose that I get the max. Video RAM etc. ??
In XBMC I choose VDPAU as rendering method. Are there any other things that I must configure in XBMC??
ismell Wrote:Just wondering if any of you are running the Aeon skin ? I've heard from people that the Atom just isn't beefy enough to run it smooth so I've been hesitant to jump on this.

dual-core atom can do it just fine, the single core is struggling hard with this
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
jakeluck1 Wrote:which build of the XBMC are you guys running on this board? I am using the version installed from the live 9.11 replack iso. While 1080p plays smoothly under VDPAU, somehow DVD(VIDEO_TS or ISO) are stuttering. Any suggestions? What are your video hardware playback settings(vblank etc etc...)
backons Wrote:Since this weekend I also have this board. I am using ubuntu 9.10 . My Problem is that DVD and XVID runs perfect. But 1080p is stuttering a bit. Do I have to do a BIOS flash ? Can somebody please post the BIOS settings I have to choose that I get the max. Video RAM etc. ??
In XBMC I choose VDPAU as rendering method. Are there any other things that I must configure in XBMC??
Here are some things you can both try: Upgrading the bios, remove Compositing/Desktop effects (compiz), make sure that you have installed the nvidia driver and vdpau libraries. You can also increase the "iGPU Frame buffer" from auto to 512MB in bios.
I am using Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 and standard XBMC 9.11. Is there a special reason you use previous Ubuntu?

Hannes The Hun Wrote:dual-core atom can do it just fine, the single core is struggling hard with this
This board has a dual core atom. Aeon had no problems, it is as snappy as Confluence is, although I prefer the latter.

I have the board over a month now and although I didn't plan it, I have done some serious cpu stretching tasks on it, like compiling a kernel and video editing with OpenShot. I'd say its performance is quite acceptable.
nvidia driver 185 is installed. Should I upgrade to 195 Huh
Are the vdpau libraries automaticly installed with the nvidia drivers ??
If not how do I install them ??
I am using an Sony Bravia kdl-46ex1. At Screen-Revolution in XBMC there is 1920@50hz. Is that correct ??
backons Wrote:nvidia driver 185 is installed. Should I upgrade to 195 Huh
Are the vdpau libraries automaticly installed with the nvidia drivers ??
If not how do I install them ??
Is nvidia-185-libvdpau installed?
Code:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-185-libvdpau
Or from the menu>Administration>Synaptic Package manager

Also check from Administration>Hardware drivers that the nvidia is enabled.
The 195 has problems with hdmi audio. If you use it don't upgrade.
my problem is when I install des nvidia-185-libvdpau then after a restart the ubuntu says that no driver for my graphic card is installed and i have to start in low graphic mode....
In the synaptic manager than the 185-kernel is'nt installed any more ??
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
At3iont-i deluxe1