xbox 360 wont detect xbmc on linux
i installed xbmc on an opensuse 2.6.31.1.2-0.2 system via packman.linkstolinux.org and yast . everything runs fine it will play movies and music on the main box but it wont see the share on the 360. i am trying to use the video library and music library options on the 360 to run off the share on linux. do i have to add a route for upnp? upnp is enabled on the router. do i have to forward a port? do i have to add an exception to the firewall? im not too sure how to do any of those. all i know is, xbmc is properly installed and plays music and video but the share is not detected on the 360. the 360 console IS banned, but it will work with media center, say i have windows installed. i had an older version of xbmc on a linux system running on opensuse a while ago and i enabled the upnp server and was able to connect the 360 to the linux system. this is the same computer. what ports do i foward? how do i route for upnp? how do i add an exception for the firewall? anything else i need to do?
i decided to make a tutorial for anybody deciding to reinstall from source, xbmc on linux. im running opensuse 11.2 on an amd 64 x2 6000+ 3.0 with 2gig of pc6400 and geforce 8600gts. the xbox 360 will not detect xbmc's network share. i previously installed from packman.links2linux.org . i am installing from source. after configure errors i am including the steps to installing dependencies. in opensuse 11.2 DO
tar xzvf xbmc[version]
cd xbmc[version]
>before # sudo ./bootstrap DO
sudo zypper in autoconf automake libtool g++ boost-devel glew-devel libmad-devel jpegint-devel libjpeg-devel libsamplerate-devel libogg-devel libvorbis-devel libmad0 libbz2-devel libmysqlclient libmysqlclient-devel lzo-devel fribidi-devel sqlite3-devel libpng-devel pcre-devel libcdio-devel libmms-devel lmms-devel libfaad-devel flac-devel libsmbclient-devel libsdl_mixer-devel libjasper-devel libsdl_image-devel enca-devel libcurl-devel hal-devel libfaac-devel libavahi-devel goom2k4-devel libffmpeg-devel liba52-devel ffmpeg zip gperf nasm
[^as well as included dependencies]
or just [sudo zypper in xbmc] but i am building it from source.
sudo ./bootstrap
sudo ./configure
sudo make
sudo make install
[and run it with] xbmc

if you are having trouble with your xbox 360 detecting your xbmc network share, i would uninstall the current xbmc and build from source. the xbox 360 says to forward the ports: TCP: 2869 and 10243 // UDP: 1900 and 10280-4 . well its still not detecting it... i forwarded the ports and played around with the upnp sharing options anyone got any advice?
after the ports are forwarded in the advanced options in opensuse 11.2 firewall the firewall has to be restarted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox 360 wont detect xbmc on linux0