Trouble using library mode
Hi,

I installed version 0.6.6 on my Nexus One and followed the advice here to set it up. Although the connection settings were a little different on the app than in the screenshots (extra options like Access Point, WOL Port etc.) I managed to set it up OK.

However while the Remote Control function works, it fails to connect to my library and I just see the 'try again to connect' button. I've allowed control of XBMC through HTTP, and allowed other computers to control XBMC. I am using a wi-fi router so was wondering if I needed to open any ports, but I haven't found any info on that.

I have searched pretty hard for a solution, but all I seem to find is people with the opposite problem - a working library but no remote.

Any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated Smile
If you open
Code:
http://xbmc:port/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetSystemInfo(120;121)
while replacing xbmc and port by the settings you entered, do you get something in return? Try it on your PC's browser as well as on Android's.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
From my PC I get:

PRE-10.5 r27556
Feb 8 2010

And from my phone I get a name/password prompt for "GoAhead".
So... did you set a password on XBMC side? Also you're still running a build with XBMC's old HTTPd, so an update to something higher (typically 28276) is recommended (otherwise cover download won't work).
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
The most recent build I could find was 28256 so I installed that, and I also realised I was running 0.6.6 of XMBC Remote so I updated that to 0.6.7 too.

Anyway - problem solved! Not sure if that was the problem but library is completely visible now.

Amazing little app by the way Smile I'm glad I made the effort to get the library working because compared to the remote alone it has improved tenfold! Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble using library mode0