Unable to play SD content using VDPAU or auto detect
Hi

I have been using XBMC for a couple of weeks on karmic server with no problems my onboard nvidia 7xxx card and finally upgraded to a geforce 210 to get the VDPAU support.
My problem is that I cannot play any SD content using the either VDPAU or auto-detect video settings. 1080p and 720p play fine but anything different (xvid or TV shows) just display as a (generally) purple and green mess.
Software rendering plays back fine but that means high definition is not an option.

Is this a known bug or, alternatively is there a way I can specify to use software rendering for SD content only?
Im using the latest SVN build as of 28 March and nvidia drivers version 195.

Thanks in advance
well, VDPAU is broken in svn.
Broken? I'm quite sure it's not.
Start by reading this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
I am still disabling the mpeg4 vdpau decoder via the confingure.in file on every svn upgrade I have done in the last 3 months. My last update was mid last week I think, and I forgot about it and it still had the green blotches on xvid playback so I had to disable the decoder and recompile, yes this is with vdpau feature set C cards.

If you look in the developer section and search for Mpeg4 you will find the thread.

Regards,

Dave
Yes, mpeg4 for feature set C is not working at all (GT220 in my case)
there is a trac with it but still open:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8337

There was one version in pvr-testing that have disaled vdpau for mpeg4 and it was working fine. A few last version back to the "normal" Wink

BTW vdpau had still some problems on h.264 live tv programs. It sometimes turns on but usualy not.

xbmc: pvr-testing-26~hepi-karmic28695

Regards
Janusz
hi !

Is there any plan when this can be fixed ? I have read rumors that latest ffmpeg might be able to do this ? Anybody tried ? ffmpeg is xbmc internal right ?
steffen_b Wrote:hi !

Is there any plan when this can be fixed ? I have read rumors that latest ffmpeg might be able to do this ? Anybody tried ? ffmpeg is xbmc internal right ?

No, ffmpeg is only used in the Xbox version.
cowfodder Wrote:No, ffmpeg is only used in the Xbox version.

* davilla laughs as he looks at http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/xbmc/...yer/Codecs
Brainfart. Xbox uses mplayer whereas all others do not.
Is this ever going to be fixed? The trac bug seems to be targeted at some far-off milestone.

I tried to get the workaround to work (which involves disabling the mpeg4 VDPAU decoder) but recompiling from SVN source turned out to be something of a trainwreck on Karmic. So I'm stuck on the PPA which hasn't been rebuilt in about six weeks anyway, and my XBMC box is basically a paperweight until I can get it to play SD MPEG-4 content.
Just don't use vdpau when you need to play sdmpeg4 for the time being.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Can anyone confirm that this is still an issue, I am still running into this. With the latest SVN. Only on my geforce 210.
My other motherboard with ION has no problems
Still an issue with SVN at least as of the last few days. No real movement on the trac bug in several weeks either.

It's not clear (to me anyway) whether this is an upstream ffmpeg problem - if it is, it's anyone's guess when we might see a fix.
I just compiled from snv yesterday and it's still an issue on my desktop with feature set C card Sad works fine on my media center with the ION board

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to play SD content using VDPAU or auto detect0