XBMC crashed with Alaska skin
Hi,
my XBMC crashed by use Alaska, not by Confluence.
I start xbmc automatic after start of ubuntu 9.10.
The xbmc version is built on Mar 1 2010 (SVN:28256).
crashlog

Anybody can help me? Thanks.
Doesn't look like a skin problem to me.
First of all, you did try disabling RSS feeds right? Since that's the very last thing in your log ... just making sure. Smile

Second:
My XBMC crashes too, if I use a revision after 27539 and use multi image backdrops. I had modded Alaska to display backdrops as the background of home style 2, and thought that maybe I did something wrong, but then I noticed Rapier crashed too. It crashes on startup, then I start it again and it crashes when going left/right to anything else that has custom backdrops set (like going from movies to tv shows), and on the third start it works like it should. Really odd. Perhaps the problem is there too when using home style 1 (that one has the custom images originally, right? or is it style 3?, anyhoo...). If you do use custom multi-image backgrounds, try disabling them and see if the problem goes away.

I found this changeset on the xbmc trac:
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/27540

Quote:Message: added: busy dialog whenever we request directories from main thread and it takes more than 100ms
Files:
4 modified
* FileSystem/Directory.cpp (modified) (3 diffs)
* FileSystem/Directory.h (modified) (1 diff)
* FileSystem/SpecialProtocolDirectory.cpp (modified) (1 diff)
* GUIMediaWindow.cpp (modified) (2 diffs)

And, as your log shows, it pops up dialogBusy.xml, and that is almost the last thing it does. Mine did the same.

My XBMC didn't crash when using Confluence either, but using Alaska and Rapier it did, but only when using custom backgrounds. I solved it by using the latest 'stable' revision (r28276 atm for me, before the addons stuff that breaks the skins) but reverting back the files that had to do with the dialogBusy.xml back to r27539, the last one right before the r27540 breakage. I could just use r27539 and be done there, but I get choppy video rendering (with internal ffmpeg) and no pretty OSD when changing subtitles etc. When I was running gentoo I don't think it would even compile with an external ffmpeg, hence the cumbersome solution.

I had to modify the files a bit if I recall correctly. You could try just reverting them back to r27539 using svn, but in case that doesn't work, here they are:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nunem4xnymj

Just replace the existing ones, and recompile. I use the following configure options:
Code:
./configure --disable-external-ffmpeg \
                --disable-external-python \
                --disable-external-libass \
                --enable-debug
You might want to use a --prefix=something in case you don't want to overwrite your old setup. Place it in your homedir or whatever, just for testing. I would also checkout the files to a fresh directory, so everything is nice and clean.

The external python disable is because I'm using arch linux (python built with UCS2 unicode support, xbmc needs UCS4).
The libass is also because of arch linux, not compatible with xbmc's subtitle rendering.

Not sure if they really need to be specified, but I like to disable them manually just in case so nothing get's compiled in the wrong way.

Then just make and make install as usual.

As I said before, this is because of me using multi-image backgrounds. If you don't this probably has nothing to do with you. That said, it's worth a shot.
I use home style 1 and I had multi-image.
Now I have it disabled and no more problems, thank you. Big Grin
Great! Smile
Glad to hear I'm not the only one having that problem, and that my solution works for others. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashed with Alaska skin0