[XBOX] slight networking issues
first off, hallo to everyone on the forums. now that i finally got my xbox modded and working properly (it was a nightmare >.<) i'm having a bit of a networking issue. my computer's situation is a little complicated, so let me know if there's anything i can do to clear it up. my main computer is hooked up to my main router which is in my basement. i installed a second ethernet card in my computer, which is going to a second router that the xbox is plugged into. what keeps happening is that my computer won't hold the connection between the 2. there seems to be an IP conflict. i know there's a way to resolve it by manually setting IP's, but it's been a while since i did something like that and i don't remember specifics. or maybe there's a better way to fix it? any suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.

also, i tried to draw a diagram that might help you guys visualize what i'm talking about, so lemme know if it helps at all. i know it's probably not the best diagram you've ever seen lol

wow complicated..can two routers work like that? im not an expert at networking but can you not just have the ethernet going from pc to xbox from that second nic? this is guesswork on my part... are they all crossover cables? hmm dunno what to think of
Or, alternatively, why not just plug the first router into the second router, then plug the second router into both the computer and the xbox?
oh, i had forgotten about this. i got it working after i got some advice from my tech teacher. he told me how to manually set IP's so it would work and it's all good now. thanks though Smile
what was the solution?
i had to manually set the NIC to have a certain IP and destination gateway. so i got the gateway info off the second router and entered it all into the config settings. and voila.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] slight networking issues0