LIVE - Acer Revo - Delay in Start of Video
I recently got a Aver Revo up and running with XBMC LIVE 9.11

When I choose a Video to play, the screen "freezes" and about 20-30 seconds later it will start to play. I'm using videos files that are not HD or 720 or 1080. I'm using the Confluence Skin.

I have an Xbox1 on the same network, and the videos will play within a few seconds. (I get the "Please Wait" spinning icon as well) Using the PM3HD skin.

Is this normal?

Thanks for the help in advance.

MM
I have been having the same problem. For me its mostly the .ISO dvd files. The interesting thing for me is once I launch it the first time it will launch instantaneously after that. Also, my .mkv and other high def files load pretty much instantly

Unfortunately, I've been having probs with my TV so this took a back seat. Can you post a logfile? I can probably post mine next week sometime

M
Are you opening the files over the network? You might like to try them locally. If not, include a logfile for us to help.
OK. Sorry for the delay. I've been kinda busy. anyway, I have a logfile. It took me a couple of tries to find one that delayed and this one didn't delay too long (its the Blackbook.ISO). I launched a couple of other files before which started up instantly so you can skip them ( I didn't edit the file since I don't know whats important.) I can work on finding one with a longer delay (they can be up to 2 min), but its totally random and I only have so many files to try. Once I get it started up the first time it will start pretty much instantly each subsequent time.

Logfile
http://pastebin.com/swke25Ns

I looked through it and I couldn't see any obvious bad (but I'm an idiot). The only thing I could see is it took some time to get the css keys from the delayed (blackbook.iso)file and not the instant file (before the devil knows your dead.iso)

As background I'm running a revo 1600 with live 9.11
my files are on a readynasNV
All my .ISO files ripped complete DVD images using anydvd for copyprotection and IMGBurn to make the .ISO

This only happens with dvd.iso files and only on my Revo machine. My original xboxs all have no delay

I'll have to scrounge up a portable hard disk to try to run some files locally and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

M

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIVE - Acer Revo - Delay in Start of Video0