Need so Help with my Apple TV after udate?????
I have a 500GB Apple tv that was on 3.0. My wife ran the latest update on the apple TV. While it was updating the power went off and it seems the Apple tv didi not finish updating correctly.

Well now the there is no video or audio from my apple tvHuh There is a white light on the front and I can SSH to it but I have no auido? Has any one had this issue and how can I fix it. My next step it taking it back to Apple store to get a new one. Please help!Eek

Louis
mo33612 Wrote:I have a 500GB Apple tv that was on 3.0. My wife ran the latest update on the apple TV. While it was updating the power went off and it seems the Apple tv didi not finish updating correctly.

Well now the there is no video or audio from my apple tvHuh There is a white light on the front and I can SSH to it but I have no auido? Has any one had this issue and how can I fix it. My next step it taking it back to Apple store to get a new one. Please help!Eek

Louis

Factory restore, then update. Your 3.0 AppleTV OS is lost. Next time, disable AppleTV updated in Launcher.
Thanks for your help. I have tried to restore but no luck. I think threre is an issue with the frimeware on the unit. I have tried to hold the menu and - but nothing happens still no video or audio.

I can ssh to the unit. Anything eles I can try ?Sad
mo33612 Wrote:Thanks for your help. I have tried to restore but no luck. I think threre is an issue with the frimeware on the unit. I have tried to hold the menu and - but nothing happens still no video or audio.

I can ssh to the unit. Anything eles I can try ?Sad

holding menu and "-" for few seconds will reboot ATV in restore mode. run factory restore from there.
I have already tried that the only thing that happens when I hold the - and menu is the light in the front tuns amber and blinks then it goes white. But there is no video or audio I never see the restore screen. but like I said I can see the apple TV on the network and can ssh to it? Any other ideas?
try going in with VNC maybe it has an issue with the display resolution
mo33612 Wrote:I have already tried that the only thing that happens when I hold the - and menu is the light in the front tuns amber and blinks then it goes white. But there is no video or audio I never see the restore screen. but like I said I can see the apple TV on the network and can ssh to it? Any other ideas?

un-pair the IR remote.
What do you mean use VNC? Do you have instructions I could try? Aslo I have not unpaired the remote how do I do that? will that have something to do with the video and audio not to be preasent? I will try anything to fix this.
Thanks you all for the help!Rolleyes
mo33612 Wrote:What do you mean use VNC? Do you have instructions I could try? Aslo I have not unpaired the remote how do I do that? will that have something to do with the video and audio not to be preasent? I will try anything to fix this.
Thanks you all for the help!Rolleyes

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=appletv+unpair+IR+remote
From the instruction that you sent me it is asking me to get into the menu? I thought I was clern in saying that there is no video so how can I unpair the remote.........Huh? Thanks but that was no help. zI need to get video before I can unpair.Cool
Video has nothing to do with unpair that should work if you see the White
light flashing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need so Help with my Apple TV after udate?????0