[windows] xbmc ion
Hi Guys

I have been using XBMC since January on my Acer Revo ION. I've been using the development builds provided by DSPlayer and have edited my advancedsettings.xml file to make it the default.

It's been working fine flawlessly all this time, but yesterday out of nowhere, all my MKVs starting playing very jerky and the audio was out of sync big time. Checking the CPU usage, XBMC was using around 70-80%. Looks like GPU acceleration wasn't "on". I checked these files on MPC-HC and Boxee and they worked fine with no probs, so the MKVs are ok.

I then uninstalled xbmc and ffdshow. Did a reboot, grabbed the latest build of DSPlayer with XBMC but this didnt seem to fix the issue.

I then went back to a version that I know worked (by uninstalling, reinstalling after reboot) and when I choose to play, there is an error in the rendering chain. Checking the xbmc log, it says the codec cannot be found.

So I'm a bit stumped! Anyone got any ideas why its playing up? I've tried a fresh install and it still plays up (latest and old version).

Thanks guys
ı have zotac ion board too and couldn't work dsplayer mod.

try to use native dxva support with "xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe "

dxva works cpu usage about 20%
You dont need to use DSPlayer.

Just install the latest nightly build and DXVA works out of the box. You will be able to activate it in video settings.
Thanks guys!

Using the nightly build and enabnling dxva did the trick!
I just want to say thanks for this thread. I bought an Acer Revo R3610 and have been using an external USB 2TB drive to contain about 130x 1080p .MKV files. Initially 1080 playback was a nightmare and I wasnt sure whether it was the USB connection speed, the Ion battling by itself or a combination of the both.

Anyway, set the dedicated graphics on the unit to 512Mb, updated the Nvidia driver to 197.13 and installed xbmc-r28256-trunk and have to say, everything is running perfectly.
I have a crystal HD card on the way but now wish that I had tried the above before ordering it as I am very happy with everything.

Thanks once again for the initial posts as they certainly pointed a newb like me in the right direction. Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[windows] xbmc ion0