Album Art in Folder not Scanned ?
Hi All.

First post here; just got XBMC up and running on a new Acer REVO. Managed to get my TVShows scraping fine now, after some fun with folder and file naming, but not so much luck on my MP3s

All of my albums have an image in the album folder, and the image is named as per the name of the album.

All albums [after a lot of work and with the help of MP3TAG and Bulk Rename Utility] conform to the standard of

YEAR - ALBUM NAME

and are in folders marked the same, with a jpg of the same name. I did this to help my iPhone see the art.

I can see that it should read a file called folder.jpg, but is there any way to allow it to see a differently named image ?

I've tried adding "*.jpg" to the <musicthumbs> node in advancedsettings.xml, but no luck. I can add the image manually, but with 3000+ albums, its rather laborious.

I notice there is a filter tag - can i use a filter, like %B.jpg for album name, or is there another way - other than renaming all my images - to get images automatically added to XBMC ?

I've got it running off of a USB stick and i'm dual-booting the REVO. It works faultlessly and I'm really happy with it - although I would like to get it on the HDD along with Windows 7, but not sure if I can do that without wiping out Windows 7, which I'd like to keep.

Thanks
Nope, not possible. One presumes that whatever tagging app you used to produce said images for the iPhone can do the same thing for XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Nope, not possible. One presumes that whatever tagging app you used to produce said images for the iPhone can do the same thing for XBMC.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.
Saves hours of heartache trying to get it to work!

My basic setup is to use Media Monkey as my main library on a windows 7 PC, and I also use this to sync to the iPhone. All music is stored on a NAS which serves my PC, the REVO and the iPhone.

As I said, all artwork is in the specific album folder, and named as per the album, so if we can't specify a dynamic image name, then I guess I'm stuffed going this route.

I'll try using ID3 tags to include the image I think. Not sure why I didn't use it to include the art to begin with, but I didn't. I think it was when I was trying to get the iPhone to see the images.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply and continued dev on xbmc, really appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album Art in Folder not Scanned ?0