I feel like I'm using Aeon wrong because watching TV shows with it isn't pleasant.
So please do not take this as trolling or flaming. I really feel like I'm missing something because I find that using Aeon feels wrong.

Let me start off by saying I have a ton of movies and tv shows. I have about 6 terabytes full right now. Aeon is one slick looking interface but every time i try to use it i keep hitting the same problems.

1. Finding any video is a pain. In the default theme I rely heavily on filtering by Genre to get the movie/tv show I want. I know I can get to those screen but even when i get to them the interface seems weird for genre filtering.

2. I also heavily rely on a recently added list because I have so much stuff I don't always remember everything that was recently put in or where to find it.

3. The interface for looking at TV shows seems more like it is geared towards movies so I end up with some weird graphics.

4. Plugins also display kind of weird because again it seems like they are supposed to be a movie.

So my question is am I not using the right mods or something? I'd like to use Aeon but I feel like there is some set way of using it that I just don't get.

It is almost like I need a different interface for TV shows and Plugins.
Your post kind of sounds like you like how Aeon looks in screenshots, but it just really isn't working for what you would like to do. Luckily XBMC has more than 2 skins (Confluence and Aeon) that you can try - have you had any better luck with one of other great skins that are available?

One of XBMC's strongest features is that fact that they realize one UI isn't going to work for everyone, maybe Aeon just isn't for you.
Yeah i'm using another theme most of the time. I just figured I'd try Aeon again because so many people seem to choose it. I just don't get how it is working for them and not me.

I do have a huge amount of media but these problems seem like they would occur even if i had a much smaller amount.
hadees Wrote:2. I also heavily rely on a recently added list because I have so much stuff I don't always remember everything that was recently put in or where to find it.
The list is there, isn't it?

hadees Wrote:3. The interface for looking at TV shows seems more like it is geared towards movies so I end up with some weird graphics.
I set mine to 'list' instead of multiplex and got new art to go along (Aeon used banners instead of the bigger images - dvd art or whatever). Works great for me.

hadees Wrote:So my question is am I not using the right mods or something? I'd like to use Aeon but I feel like there is some set way of using it that I just don't get.
Like robweber said, you can try a different skin. But you can also try to change stuff to list view and such.

Maybe if you're more specific on what is wrong / show some screenshots, we can tell you if you can accomplish what you want with Aeon.
It's also possible that you've downloaded some incompatible combination of aeon mod and XBMC version or maybe you've combined several of the 30 aeon mods
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
hadees Wrote:So please do not take this as trolling or flaming. I really feel like I'm missing something because I find that using Aeon feels wrong.

Let me start off by saying I have a ton of movies and tv shows. I have about 6 terabytes full right now. Aeon is one slick looking interface but every time i try to use it i keep hitting the same problems.

1. Finding any video is a pain. In the default theme I rely heavily on filtering by Genre to get the movie/tv show I want. I know I can get to those screen but even when i get to them the interface seems weird for genre filtering.

2. I also heavily rely on a recently added list because I have so much stuff I don't always remember everything that was recently put in or where to find it.

3. The interface for looking at TV shows seems more like it is geared towards movies so I end up with some weird graphics.

4. Plugins also display kind of weird because again it seems like they are supposed to be a movie.

So my question is am I not using the right mods or something? I'd like to use Aeon but I feel like there is some set way of using it that I just don't get.

It is almost like I need a different interface for TV shows and Plugins.

I also have about 6 or 7 Terabytes of data, topping 14000 episodes and i have no issues. I am using the Aeon65 1.0 compiled install: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55600 with the latest updates through github.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I feel like I'm using Aeon wrong because watching TV shows with it isn't pleasant.0