Is there a better remote or can this Harmony ONE be fixed?
Ok maybe this is my own ignorance here but I love my Harmony ONE, the only issue is it's just sooooo laggy. I've tried adjusting the delay in the settings but it doesn't seem to help. I press up and a moment later it goes up but it's not seamless/near instant as it is when using a keyboard to navigate or using my Apple remote. Is there a way to fix this lag? Also when I turn the volume up on my TV it goes up 2 increments for every one button press. I know this has to do with some buttons being set as toggle buttons or something like that but is there a way to fix any of this? Also is there a remote out there that I can use with my Mac Mini that doesn't have these drawbacks? Any guidance would be extremely helpful.Huh
Processor: 2x Quad Core Intel 2.8Ghz Xeon
Internal Storage: 2.4TB [4x 600GB Western Digital]
External Storage: Drobo 4.5TB
Memory: 14GB PC-6400 800mhz FB-ECC Ram
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple Remote
I have a harmony one and use it across 3 different XMBC instances, all with different original remotes.

I've found that it depends on the original remote for how laggy the harmony is. For instance, the one i programmed with my firefly remote is very laggy with the hamony, but one i programed with a generic "pc remote" i got off amazon is very snappy. This is all using the same hamony one remote, just programmed with different originals.

Hope this sheds some light on the issue. I also want to find a way to speed up my slow remotes, it's pretty annoying!
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Can you elaborate on what you mean by different originals. Im not quite sure I follow what you do with your Harmony One programming.
Drifty Wrote:Can you elaborate on what you mean by different originals. Im not quite sure I follow what you do with your Harmony One programming.

I use the original remotes to program the keys on my Harmony One. For each button I want to map, i use the IR sensor on the Harmony to capture the IR code i need from the original remote that came with whatever IR receive i have hooked up to my computer.

Does that help?
Why not just use the webtool (Windows & Mac only) to program your remote?

Should be faster than having to program it button by button....

Also, the GUI has menus for changing the timing of the signals, you can lower them, and get a faster more responsive remote.
I couldn't find my Remote in their database...
There is a setting deep in the shite shite software that is harmony that improves matters tremendously but I cannot remember exactly where.

in devices click on trouble shoot plex, then in there is some question about not all commands getting there you can then adjust the speed of repeat and this should be decreased.

Sorry I cannot be more specific I did it ages ago but it will be on the web some where, it differs from the straight up speed adjustments and you have to go through trouble shoot the device.

Brad I am guessing the OP is on about a macmini in which case the codes very much are available and they are called plex.
Could someone point me to an article or wiki where remote configuration and usage is explained? I have apple TV and Harmony 700. How should I set it up to get the best experience?

I have found that there is additional button working on Harmony, comparing to the gimmick apple remote. It is the "down" button (not the one below OK, but above). It displays the menu in XBMC (on the top of the screen), which has important playback settings. My question is: are there other buttons that could show other menus?

I am mostly interested in a way to jump directly to the main screen from a File browser under Movies (and other), and if possible to come back to the same location. I would also like to be able to display favorites pane from any location. Right now, I cannot do any of these. I have to move up the directory structure to come back to the main menu, and it is only in the main menu where I can display the favorites pane. Is there a better way? Can apple TV accept other buttons and can I configure these to display more menus and jump between them?
Interesting.. I'll have to dig around and find that because it is really starting to bug me.

Thanks
reddeath have you added PLEX as a device in the harmony software?
No, I haven't added it. What is it anyway?

I simply added Apple TV as device in Harmony. Is there another procedure I should follow?
Yes search out PLEX and add it as a device.
Do you mean instead of Apple TV I should add PLEX?
More details please Smile
OK, I added Plex device to Harmony. But it appears that it does not work as intended on Apple TV. There are no additional menu options, commands or shortcuts. Now ever Arrow down button does not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a better remote or can this Harmony ONE be fixed?0