Help with 'mixed' playlists!?
Hi Folks,

I am trying to find the easiest way to create a mixed playlist without having the videos added to the library.

My latest attempt has me very close. I have created a mixed .M3U playlist with VLC.
This loads in xbmc, under videos, and all files can be seen but when I try to play the list it just skips over the video files. (plays mp3s fine).

This is strange because it picks them up and even shows thumbnails for the videos.

Also, if I select a video file out of the list and use the 'Play using...' the DVDplayer plays it...

I am really after the easiest solution for playing mp3s and music vids together without having to rename most of my collection. Smile

Any ideas?

Cheers,

EDIT: Now I am trying to change the default video player to DVDplayer and am struggling. If anyone can help with this I'd be grateful. Tried creating a 'advancedsettings.xml' file with:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Not working...
I would think that you can't play mixed video/music playlist in XBMC, but I've never cared for that to happen so I wouldnt know. I dont understand either, why would you want to use another player from within XBMC, if VLC does it fine... stay there. Excuse me if it sounds rude, its not intended to sound that way.

ELP
Acer something AMD A8-3800K with Trinity Radeon HD6650 (512MB), 10GB DDR3, Ubuntu 15.04, NO KODI HELP Audio: Working great Analog 5.1 (with Infinity Reference Sub and Center).
elpirata Wrote:I would think that you can't play mixed video/music playlist in XBMC, but I've never cared for that to happen so I wouldnt know. I dont understand either, why would you want to use another player from within XBMC, if VLC does it fine... stay there. Excuse me if it sounds rude, its not intended to sound that way.

ELP

Ahh I don't want to use VLC through XBMC, I just used VLC to create the playlist because XBMC won't see both video and audio file types at the same time to be able to create a mixed playlist.

I may have to resort to using VLC to play a mixed music videos and mp3 playlist but I wish XBMC could handle this because I like it better! Smile

I now have a playlist that shows both video and audio and plays the video when I click on that file manually it but won't play automatically as part of the playlist.

Again if anyone has a suggestion or perhaps knows of a script or something... I'm all ears.

Cheers tho,
Ok, I have this working (almost) perfectly. I have set the default audio player in advancedsettings.xml to dvdplayer. This allows the audio to play and then seamlessly moves onto the video files.

It's great, but I've got one problem... There is no visualisation whilst using dvdplayer for the audio. I've done a couple of searches and can't see anything on this issue, I guess because most people will never use dvdplayer to play audio.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone ever managed to get visualisation through DVDplayer in XBMC?

So close I can taste it... Smile

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with 'mixed' playlists!?0