[MAC] New Macbook Pro - Now What
If you got the 5.1 channel adapter the USB plug only supplies power to the converter box. Try a different USB port. Perhaps you have something running in OS X that resets the ports? I noticed VMware Fusion and Parallels 4.x do this sometimes depending on what the guest OS is doing.
kcarney Wrote:If you got the 5.1 channel adapter the USB plug only supplies power to the converter box. Try a different USB port. Perhaps you have something running in OS X that resets the ports? I noticed VMware Fusion and Parallels 4.x do this sometimes depending on what the guest OS is doing.

I think you are close to the answer. I don't have VMware Fusion and I don't know what Parallels 4.x are, but I noticed it started happening when I would change from the side by side displays to 'mirror'. What I am going to do is try to plug the usb power into a wall outlet adapter (I have a couple of those lying around) instead of the computer.
Parallels is like Vmware. Strange that OS X will kill its connection to the USB Converter box when switching resolutions. Has the USB wall outlet alleviated the problem?
kcarney Wrote:Parallels is like Vmware. Strange that OS X will kill its connection to the USB Converter box when switching resolutions. Has the USB wall outlet alleviated the problem?

Well I'm not sure its actually killing the USB connection, I only know unplugging and plugging it in again fixes the problem. The video was still working, just not the audio. Could it also be that changing the display signal resolution confuses/overloads the converter box and it drops the audio signal? Perhaps the USB power spikes or drops when switching displays? I dunno.

My wife took the MBP on a trip because its more portable. With my luck she'll come back from her trip and want to keep the thing. When she gets back on monday I'll try it with the USB wall outlet and let you know if it fixes it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] New Macbook Pro - Now What0