Wifi only
Hi,

on the newer versions I see you have added some extra options for the hosts, specifically the wifi only an below.
Can you explain what this is for as there is nothing on the wiki about it?

Thanks and an extra big thanks for this ever improving app
If you activate the Wifi only option it will only try to connect to XBMC when the device is connected to a wifi network. If Wifi isn't activated it will activate it for you.
If you specify the name of you access point it will try to force android to connect to this specific access point before trying to connect to xbmc.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
OK, thanks. I guess it still replies on a static Ip though. Is there anyway around this as I guess most people's ISPs assign dynamic?
Wink 
pinn Wrote:I guess it still replies on a static Ip though. Is there anyway around this as I guess most people's ISPs assign dynamic?

http://www.dyndns.com/
Thanks - I'll have a see
Dynamic IP? ISP? Thats the total opposite of what the wifi only stuff is for Wink
But to connect to the host, you do need a static ip, don't you?
Sure. But wifi only is for your local lan and you won't need dyndns there.
Normally, in your LAN, your IPs are tend to stay the same even if you're on DHCP.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I set up a static ip via Windows and it works just fine now.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wifi only0