A couple of easy features to add for usability
1) resume play option for video - instead of using bookmarks, just maintain the last stop point, and when restarting a video, provide some option (or default behavior) to resume play. tivo-like functionality, and critical to useful video watching over more than one sitting (or children messing with the remote when you're in the middle of a movie).

2) "play" button support - for videos, music, and even pictures, support the "play" button on the xbox remote control. right now i must click select at least once, and twice if it's a stacked video. if i hit "play", it should just play the song, or the first stacked video, or a slideshow.

3) for stacked videos, remove the last part of the name that is used to determine stacking (usually a number). e.g., if i have "minority report 1.mpg" and "minority report 2.mpg", just show "minority report" on the stacked list (right now it shows "minority report 1" since that's the full name of the first file).

4) have some button (at least from the ir remote), probably menu, always go to the home page. "back" already is used to go back one page, but menu sometimes goes back one page, and sometimes goes back to the main menu. there needs to be a button that will always return to the main menu.

four easy features to help with usability!

i love xbmc, just trying to make it more usable so people in my family that can use tivo can use xbmc as easily!
moving to the garbane bin because you didn't follow this => http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#30
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A couple of easy features to add for usability0