[WINDOWS] pc reboot when starting mkv file
I have a generally trouble free xbmc life on my windows xp on a nvidia 7950 GT, intel E7300. Only quite a lot of (HD) mkv files cause my pc to instant reboot when starting them. They work fine in VCL en windows media player classic. Is this a known problem? I did a search for "mkv reboot" but found nothing.
Instant reboot usually means bluescreen, turn off the windows setting that makes it reboot then you can check the error.
Yes your're right
The blue screen reads

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0x0000000A (0x00000000,0x0000000A,0x00000001,0x805444AD)

Sounds pretty unspecific to me. But I only have the problem when XBMC starts a mkv file, otherwise the pc is completely stable.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually down to a duff device driver, though it can be caused by faulty memory. If it reproducibly crashes when you play an mkv I would start by looking at the video and audio hardware.

JR
I realize that some weeks ago mkv's that DID play had a very funny sound problem: only the background sound was played but not the actor speech. Again in other mediaplayers the files played normal. Wonder if there can be any connection between the two problems.
Decided to do a clean install of windows and xbmc and all mkv's are firing up again Smile
For the record, XBMC can't cause bluescreens on its own, it requires something screwed up in kernel space.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] pc reboot when starting mkv file0