XBMC as OS for ION based computers?
Hellu

i have just bought me a Asrock ION330.
And now i want to 2 OS on it.
There is one harddrive in it.
i want to format it with 2 partitions.
A partition with Windows 7 and another partition with XBMC Live.
And i really need help doing that ;P ...
i now how to fix the partitions and install windows 7 and all that.
But how does it work with XBMC? and how will i install the drivers for my mouse and stuff on it becouse its RF signals not USB cable. How will i configure Internet ?
i allready have a XBMC library with 800 movies in my other computer, can i export it to the live XBMC on my ASrock ION ?
I read somewhere that there is a special version of XBMC for ION330 based computers, how can i get it?

please help Tongue I know its many questions but i will really appriciate help (:

Sory for my bad english, im from sweden Tongue
see there:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69753
ppic Wrote:see there:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69753

I looked in there but understood nothing :/
It doesnt say where to download it and what exactly is that? a more stable XBMC for ION330 based machines?

thanks
0) Flash the bios with the latest version and change the shared memory => 512 (in bios)
1) Partition the disk in win7(20G?), xbmc(10G), Media (remaining space).
2) Install win7 and format media as NTFS
3) download xbmc-live and burn it to a CD.
4) boot from the CD and run the installation sequence...when you come to partition disks you sould be able to find an option to install to free space. If not select manual and create a 2G swap and a 8G root (/). The installer should be able to add win7 as an option in the boot menu but I have not tried it myself. Should be easy to fix with google otherwise.

After that you need to figure out how to mount the media partition in xbmc.
Hiiish Wrote:I looked in there but understood nothing :/
It doesnt say where to download it and what exactly is that? a more stable XBMC for ION330 based machines?

thanks

Sad

it gives you all info to do a unbuntu minimal install and then where to download a a script to help you to configure drivers / video / audio...

i've done it with my asrock
work like a charm
I have decided to have my XBMC on Windows 7 but installed on a different partition!

Now i wonder how to ger the best flow result for 720P movies in windows 7 with XBMC? do i need to do something special?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC as OS for ION based computers?0