Downclocking a quadro gpu in xbmc live...
Hi guys,

I'm trying to force a quadro nvs 160 in my latitude e6400 to run at 2D (highly optimistic) or low power 3D clocks, to get my laptop to run a little quieter when playing back movies.

I believe it has 3 states, one at 182 mhz, one at 275 mhz, and one at 580 mhz. I'm positive it's running at 580 by default. Id like to force the lower clocks, although I'm pretty sure that 182 won't work because I tried it in Windows and mpc-hc with dxva stuttered, 275 worked quite well with 1080p.

I tried to use the powermizer lines in xorg.conf, but it's not working. Pretty sure that it's still rocking at 580 mhz since all the movies play perfectly, I'm purposefully trying to force the lowest power state to see if it works.

I've tried in xorg.conf things like
Quote: Option "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2222; PowerMizerDefault=0x3; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x3"
also tried with Option "OnDemandVBlankInterrupts" "True"
and with Option "Coolbits" "1"

I'm using Xbmc live 9.11 repack + nvidia 190.53 drivers
Hardware is a Latitude E6400 with Quadro NVS 160m

Anybody successfully downclocked nvidia hardware in their HTPC?
How did you manage to get xbmc to play 1080p movies smoothly on the e6400. Did you change any settings or any configurations. I get the feeling that my xbmc isnt hardware accelerated at all.

/Anton
TheAnt Wrote:I get the feeling that my xbmc isnt hardware accelerated at all.

/Anton

Then you are wrong. XBMC does use hardware acceleration on all platforms now.
I guess he meant that *his* XBMC installation is not using HW acceleration of the mobile quadro

pro-tipp: pressing "o" while playing some supported HD-material helps a lot in finding out!
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downclocking a quadro gpu in xbmc live...0