No audio or spdif after upgrade to 10.6.3?
I had a bunch of people over to watch some movies and I could not get any sound out of the spdif connection. I have and 8 Core Mac Pro with the digital out connected to my home theater. I use either xmbc, or vlc to play back my .mkv files apple dvd player for dvd's. I have been doing this for about 8 months and I have hd no issue getting 5.1 from the dvd player. It took me a while to figure out how to get 5.1 from xmbc and vlc but I was eventually able to do it. I was have been using snow leopard since it first came out. Well yesterday I updated to 10.6.3. I had no issues getting audio out lof the line level but when I select the spdif I get nothing from the dvd player, xmbc or vlc. I have found that when I go into the prefs and select digital out, then go into xmbc or vlc then go back to prefs in sometimes jumps back to the line level output. I have checked the prefs audio settings for xmbc and vlc and they are all set correctly but I still get no sound. Does anyone have any advice? I eve tried swapping out my spdif cable with no luck. Can anyone help me
If it doesnt work for other applications, problem is at the OS/hardware level and not XBMC (i'm sure you figured that out) --that said, I'd take your case to the apple support forums as you're more likely to find a quick answer.

I only had this issue when they changed the way xbmc audio worked (select what your receiver supports under audio, dts, dd, etc)--but this wouldn't apply to you given vlc and other apps dont work with it as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio or spdif after upgrade to 10.6.3?0