Google code or GIT to host skin. Any preference?
Getting close on my skin...Been looking reading up at those two options. Anybody have a pereference or suggestion on which to use, thx.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Go with Git, It's very easy to maintain and distribute.
Having used both I found Google a lot easier to use.
I been reading/trying and testing for 3 hours...

Using GIT:
I get to this screen but can't go any farther -

Using google:
I've upload test files by use Tortoise- right clicking the folder and choosing import but that doesn't seem like the way to have it automatically upload my changes?

Just digesting all this new terminology is confusing me, can anyone explain it better? thx

Just add a commit message and save and it will commit

personally I do git commit -m"MESSAGE" instead to not get that popup Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
@topfs2

that worked, got some test files up there. I think I got it now.

Not long now until the vultures start circling. Tongue
now git supports svn !

no matters for me, nightly build passion handle both !
I like git, feel a little more familiar with it. Took me probably a solid 4hrs to figure out??. Oh well, got some "hello world" files uploaded and then altered them and "pushed" them to test so I'm good to go for the future...

do as it sweets you, we'll adapt Wink
This is what I'm using and works on files I have already uploaded and applies any changes:

Quote:cd "/c/Program Files/XBMC/skin/*****"
git commit -m"MESSAGE"
git commit -a -m"MESSAGE"
git push

But I just found out it doesn't add or subtract any images or .xml's that I add or delete. Any suggestions?

Personally google code is what I prefer out of the two, but being honest, if you want free hosting, and to set up a website for people to download, I can help on that if you want to do regular builds.

SVN is all well and good if you have the time to read and understand it, but when you get to my age, you either have no time or no knowledge to understand something.

Last time I got to read a computer mag, was C&VG when Wolfenstein 1 was being released.

Nah did used to read Crash magazine and a few others, but PC mags and literature, unless you have a cushty job, then you havent got time sitting on your backside or the pay packet to pay £6 or more for a mag now.

You have to make it nice and simple for the end user, and give the option for the people in the know.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
I'd just like to jump in here and talk about end product hosting will be available on the main XBMC mirrors (if it fits a standard compliance) and will make things directly downloadable and installable from within xbmc. Its not far off and being worked on as I type
mcborzu Wrote:Any suggestions?

in case you haven't figured it out by now,
it's most likely as simple as doing a git add some_file before commit.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Unless there is a better tutorial. I can't seem to find, even using google, a good "git for dummies" guide.

git add some_file just seemed tedious, I have to do that on like all 10-20 images I added?

Right now I found doing this:
Quote:cd "/c/Program Files/XBMC/skin/*****"
git commit -a -m"MESSAGE"
git push

adds new stuff, now I need to figure out how to get it to recognize what I deleted...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google code or GIT to host skin. Any preference?0