MCE remote exiting screens
I can't seem to exit some popups inside xbmc with the mce remote.

Screens like the visualisation selection popup.

Maybe i'm being stupid but how do I click the cross in the top right, or escape the popup? Pressing Back on the MCE remote does nothing Sad
Home button should work

(That's actually one of my pet peeves. In order to exit things, sometimes you use the back button, but sometimes you have to use the home button. I guess I could fix that through keymap, but it would take me forever)
Wow, that sucks Sad

Whats the home button on the MCE remote?
the one with the windows logo on it
just fyi; this is completely consistent. back is parentdir - which backs out of a window if you do it in the root of the vfs. home is always mapped to previous menu, except in video fullscreen (we can't use it there since the button needs to be a toggle - not just a go to previous menu).
zag2me Wrote:I can't seem to exit some popups inside xbmc with the mce remote.

Screens like the visualisation selection popup.

Maybe i'm being stupid but how do I click the cross in the top right, or escape the popup? Pressing Back on the MCE remote does nothing Sad

You need to do the equivalent of pressing the Escape key. What OS are you using and which remote? With the Microsoft remote it's usually the "Clear" button.

JR
it seems consistent from a developer's point of view, but it is often confusing for a user
for instance when my friends come over and try to use the media center, they can figure out how to go back or up a dir (mapped to a button named back) and it works for going in and out of movies, tv shows, weather, favorites, etc. but they get stuck when they enter Trailers (which is mapped to AMT) they don't realize there is a different button for that.

I have been meaning to change all the keymaps to make one button do all the "going back and out" but it is a hefty task for me and I haven't had the time yet.

If anybody has done it, please let me know :-)
well, if you want that kind of consistency, you get to use one button to enter fullscreen and one button to exit fullscreen - that is HORRIBLE ui design from my point of view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote exiting screens0