[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin
twotone8 Wrote:i have webui configured correctly for my virtual machine. as of now i can manage the torrents already downloading just fine. i attempted to download something from 'torrentz' as oppposed to 'the pirate bay' from the plugin, but i simply get an "error: script failed (the pirate bay)" message.

it sounds like it's very close to working though. perhaps i'll try an updated version of the plugin (thanx for fixing the 'label' thing by the way. or renaming it rather)

as of now i'm inputting my dynamic dns address into the plugin webui address

'myfullname'.dyndns.tv. port 8081. perhaps i'll attempt a 192.168.1.89:8081 configuration and see if that works any better. all the ports are setup and the webui works just fine.

Keep me updated.
@twotone8 : check your pm.
does anyone know how to edit this to support other trackers. i really would like to add support to private tv trackers such as bitmetv or BTN.

i have spent a good hour trying to edit the code - namely the default.py file to no avail.

if anyone has successfully changed the default sites..please let us know how it's done!
ten8Epee Wrote:does anyone know how to edit this to support other trackers. i really would like to add support to private tv trackers such as bitmetv or BTN.

i have spent a good hour trying to edit the code - namely the default.py file to no avail.

if anyone has successfully changed the default sites..please let us know how it's done!
I would be interested in this also.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:I would be interested in this also.

Does this plugin work in ubuntu?
huh, I thought uTorrent was a Windows only torrent client?
zilexa Wrote:huh, I thought uTorrent was a Windows only torrent client?

It has a mac os x version in beta version and i think it can be ran on linux with wine emulation. But noboby tested the plugin on this platform and i want to know if it works
I cant seem to get this plugin to work on my xp machine. I have both utorrent and xbmc installed on the same pc. I also dont know how to access xbmc's log/error file (just in case you were going to ask)
KidVulcan Wrote:I cant seem to get this plugin to work on my xp machine. I have both utorrent and xbmc installed on the same pc. I also dont know how to access xbmc's log/error file (just in case you were going to ask)

Well in the directory in which is located xbmc.exe there is a xbmc.log (it has a notepad icon). I think you don't know how to configure utorrent. Some things you might try:
Assure you have xbmc 9.11 and utorrent 2.0.1.
The plugin uses http protocol it might be blocked by your firewall or security suite, try disabling them temporarily.
Check if the plugin settings correspond to the ones you made in utorrent settings. Make sure you followed correctly the instructions in the first post and if they are not very clear read the ones in xbmczone description.
After some serious googling I manged to fix it. For everyone ells who might be having some issues with setup, I found this site very helpful. Anyway, thanks for the plugin its very nice
Perhaps you could already upgrade your plugin to be compatible with the new "Addons" stuff in the upcoming XBMC/current svn builds?
Or wait for an RC/beta release, maybe thats better. But I read here and there some plugins have already been adapted to work with Addons in svn builds.
zilexa Wrote:Perhaps you could already upgrade your plugin to be compatible with the new "Addons" stuff in the upcoming XBMC/current svn builds?
Or wait for an RC/beta release, maybe thats better. But I read here and there some plugins have already been adapted to work with Addons in svn builds.

First of all i don't have time because i am giving exams at the moment.

Also there isn't a proper documentation for addons. Or there wasn't when i searched for it. There is only a thread with a few details.
No problem, one of the devs wrote they don't release documentation yet because they still have to get everything right.
This should be the place to start, what I understand you don't have to rewrite the whole thing:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Category:Add-ons
zilexa Wrote:This should be the place to start, what I understand you don't have to rewrite the whole thing:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Category:Add-ons

Yup , that's a starting point, i already assumed that i don't have to write the whole plugin, but i don't know how to start plugins in the latest builds and i don't have a lot of spare time to do the coding.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin0