[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin
Just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful plugin, so easy and well thought out!

Nine out of ten times it works flawlessly, had some "script error" but havent seen any patterns just yet, will let you know if i do.

//Jonas
I want to be able to save torrent files in a folder that the The Pirate bay scraper Plugin can look into. For instance when I download torrents with something else than the The Pirate bay scraper Plugin.

Edit: I can confirm this works on the Xbox. I am not sure which version I tested , I think the latest. Having some problems with remote to test it right now.
tikkiew Wrote:I want to be able to save torrent files in a folder that the The Pirate bay scraper Plugin can look into. For instance when I download torrents with something else than the The Pirate bay scraper Plugin.

Edit: I can confirm this works on the Xbox. I am not sure which version I tested , I think the latest. Having some problems with remote to test it right now.

I don't really understand.

If you have torrents somewhere on your hdd you can copy them to special://torrents using file manager. After that you open the plugin and select a torrent (it doesn't matter which one) open context menu and select "add files (from ...)".

If you want to save torrents, which are selected using the pirate bay scraper, on your hdd you can't, because somebody asked me to replace torrents with links. So now the plugin just send urls instead of file adresses.
jolid Wrote:Just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful plugin, so easy and well thought out!
//Jonas

I'm glad you appreciate it.
bonecrusher8 Wrote:If you have torrents somewhere on your hdd you can copy them to special://torrents using file manager. After that you open the plugin and select a torrent (it doesn't matter which one) open context menu and select "add files (from ...)".

O.K. thanks. I had problems adding torrents in special://torrents. So I assumed this wasn't possible. But it works now. Can it also delete the torrent automatically when it has been used? So it can get in conflict the next time you add files (from ...)

I also think the name of plugin doesn't do it justice. It's more a µTorrent WebUI Control Plugin with torrent scrapers.
tikkiew Wrote:O.K. thanks. I had problems adding torrents in special://torrents. So I assumed this wasn't possible. But it works now. Can it also delete the torrent automatically when it has been used? So it can get in conflict the next time you add files (from ...)

I also think the name of plugin doesn't do it justice. It's more a µTorrent WebUI Control Plugin with torrent scrapers.

I'm trying to transform it into an addon and if i succeed i'll rename it. As for deleting you must do it manually with file manager
So, now all we need is a xbmc addon like TED. But umm, for non-copyrighted shows of course.
asthepenguinfly Wrote:So, now all we need is a xbmc addon like TED. But umm, for non-copyrighted shows of course.

I am waiting for the nightly builds site to work again. I'm stuck with windows build 31746 which doesn't run addons. If you have a windows build in which addons work please give me a download link and i'll start coding write away.
bonecrusher8 Wrote:I am waiting for the nightly builds site to work again. I'm stuck with windows build 31746 which doesn't run addons. If you have a windows build in which addons work please give me a download link and i'll start coding write away.

If you were able to create something that worked like TED (The Episode Downloader) and were able to integrate it into XBMC with some basic utorrent controls, you would be my hero.

Unfortunately, I do not have a build that runs addons.
How would I go about adding categories?

I can modify the ones you have already but I would like to add a few so i have HD movies, SD movies etc etc....

I can make the new Categories appear in XBMC by simply adding to : def categ()

But I cant simply copy and paste the

def movies():
url='http://thepiratebay.org/top/207'
req = urllib2.Request(url)
req.add_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3')
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
link=response.read()
response.close()
match=re.compile('<div class="detName"><a href=".+?" class="detLink" title=".+?">(.+?)</a></div>').findall(link)
match2=re.compile('<a href="(.+?)" title="Download this torrent">').findall(link)
i=0
for movie in match:
addItem(movie,match2[i],4,'')
i+=1

And change what I want as it doesn't work .

This is a noob question I know. But If their is a simple solution to this I would appreciate a kick in the right direction
Why should he waste his time on something like "The Episode Downloader"?
This addon relies on uTorrent. Just put some RSS feeds in uTorrent and add your tv shows + label + from wich ep number to start.
Now utorrent will automatically download your new shows and place them in the correct folder (via the label).

In the latest uTorrent version, the WebGUI API supports rss feeds so this would implicate it would be possible to manage the feeds and hopefully the RSS downloader via webinterface. If so it shouldn't be hard to add support for this to the Addon.
Forget TED-- make a controller plugin for sickbeard that displays the coming episodes + thumbs, lets you add and remove shows, and change settings for each show like quality.

Sickbeard will download torrents as well as nzbs, and if I'm not mistaken, it is cross platform. This would give XBMC the ultimate "Internet PVR functionality," for, um, non-copyrighted stuff that you can then hoard on your 10 TB NAS like it's goin out of style.

Even better if you could make some sort of homescreen widgety thing to display coming episodes that looks something like RecentlyAdded script.
ten8Epee Wrote:does anyone know how to edit this to support other trackers. i really would like to add support to private tv trackers such as bitmetv or BTN.

i have spent a good hour trying to edit the code - namely the default.py file to no avail.

if anyone has successfully changed the default sites..please let us know how it's done!

I second that motion.

Anyone has been successful in adding custom trackers for searching on them?

Like you can do on the SabNZBd plugin for XBMC?
asthepenguinfly Wrote:If you were able to create something that worked like TED (The Episode Downloader) and were able to integrate it into XBMC with some basic utorrent controls, you would be my hero.

Unfortunately, I do not have a build that runs addons.

I was very busy lately and i didn't had time to respond to your post. I receive notification everytime somebody posts in this topic but someting happened and i stopped receiving updates after this post.

In the mean time i did some research about your request. At first i didn't understand what you were requesting. I found out what TED is, but considering the it is a complex software (runs on multiple platforms, supports several torrent client, searches multiple torrent sites, decides which torrent downloads faster, has predefined shows built in and so on) i can't just implement by myself that software into mine.

The easiest way would be to use a command line interface or a web interface, like i do with utorrent, but unfortunately TED doesn't support either of those.

I also don't think ted's features are very important for this plugin.

Considering all the above, i can't implement it. If you somehow manage to get it working, or someone else i would be very glad to integrate it in my plugin.
mongule Wrote:How would I go about adding categories?

I can modify the ones you have already but I would like to add a few so i have HD movies, SD movies etc etc....

I can make the new Categories appear in XBMC by simply adding to : def categ()

But I cant simply copy and paste the

def movies():
url='http://thepiratebay.org/top/207'
req = urllib2.Request(url)
req.add_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3')
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
link=response.read()
response.close()
match=re.compile('<div class="detName"><a href=".+?" class="detLink" title=".+?">(.+?)</a></div>').findall(link)
match2=re.compile('<a href="(.+?)" title="Download this torrent">').findall(link)
i=0
for movie in match:
addItem(movie,match2[i],4,'')
i+=1

And change what I want as it doesn't work .

This is a noob question I know. But If their is a simple solution to this I would appreciate a kick in the right direction

I ran into that problem when i tried for the first time to modify a plugin.

I can think of two things. First of all you must install python 2.7 from here: http://www.python.org/download/ , because text editors don't work correctly for writing python programs. Meaning that they don't do indentations correctly which are crucial in python, and probably also introduce some invisible caracters which causes a conflict with python.
Long story short: use python 2.7 .

In second place the code you are posting isn't indented (it isn't aligned), so python doesn't know how to execute it. If you use python it will take care of indentation.

I recommend to read the python 2.7 tutorial. Only the first few lessons which are basic, but are enough for what you need. http://docs.python.org/tutorial/ .
The xbmc plugin tutorial is also useful, but it is outdated, the site you must scrape is dead. You must guess what works and what doesn'tLaugh.

Notify me if you succeed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin0