[LIVE] XBMC / Acer Revo 1600 boot HDMI Detect
hello everyone.

my acer works great with xbmc live ...the only issue im seeing is that if i dont have the tv on, and in the correct input, before i start the acer, i just dont get any video signal.

i cycle the acer off/on and it works..

is there any setting that checks for the hdmi output to be on?

rgds.
I have the same box as you but don't get the same problem as you mentioned. I'm no expert, but I'd guess it's an HDCP handshaking issue unique to your TV. Are you pluggin the HDMI cable directly into the TV?
Some TVs don't respond to EDID requests when the input is wrong or the TV is off.

NVidia supports the "ConnectedMonitor" attribute in xorg.conf which, when set to "DFP-0", allows you to add an EDID file which will be used when the TV fails to respond to one.

There are some posts on this forum about that setting as well as on google. Basically you need to use the nvidia-settings app to download the EDID information from the TV and into a file. Then put the path to the file in your xorg.conf as well as use connectedmonitor to tell it you're using a digital flat panel. I don't know the exact settings off the top of my head.
D'oh. I was going to post exactly the same thread this morning!

My revo turns itself on to record programs with MythTv, however the TV is often off when this happens. When I then turn the TV on, the revo/xbmc output is blank. Same as yours.

I have a related problem in that from a fresh install of XBMCLive the Overscan is perfect, however after the issue above the overscan is screwed up and I cant recover it.

So really I wanna know how to setup XBMC so that it doesn't autodetect a monitor and only ever uses a fixed set of settings (where I can get the overscan right).

Does XBMCLive use /etc/X11/xorg.conf?
yes, hdmi cable directly to tv.. ive tried disconnecting/connecting the hdmi cable from the tv so see if it works, but nothing...

but if i turn it off with the remote, you then see the X at the middle of the screen and the off sequence of linux..
http://markbrewster.wordpress.com/2010/0...urned-off/

I followed this and it works for me!
postman_pat Wrote:http://markbrewster.wordpress.com/2010/0...urned-off/

I followed this and it works for me!

Is there anyway to do it just from the cli?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] XBMC / Acer Revo 1600 boot HDMI Detect0