HD Audio Flagging
I was wondering if confluence currently supports any HD Audio Flagging 'out of the box.' From my tests it would appear it does not, however I wanted to verify. If it does not, any chance someone could use the edits in the thread below to incorporate them into confluence? It would be great to see Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio instead of the normal DD and DTS logos.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=truehd

I know this would require reading the filenames like we do for Bluray/HDDVD/HDTV source flags, and that is very lame, but until XBMC can detect the HD audio appropriately I think this will do fine. Anyone feeling in the mood for a quick mod?

Example Filename: TransformersRevengeoftheFallen.Bluray.DTSMA.m2ts
Won't this then create two audio flags? The native support for audio flagging will be shown and then your substring flag for your workaround will show as well.
ekim232 Wrote:Won't this then create two audio flags? The native support for audio flagging will be shown and then your substring flag for your workaround will show as well.

Well the plan would be to do an IF/THEN/ELSE setup for the audio flag. IF the filename contains TrueHD or DTSHD THEN display respective logo ELSE display native source flag.
Bump. No one is interested in something like this? Especially because we currently cannot bitstream TrueHD/DTSMA, meaning no indicators on the AV receiver. This would be the only way to know what type of audio your sending without hitting the codec button.
Lets just say from a official stand point I'm not adding anything that relies on filenames if there is a better way to see the codec info in xbmc then I might listen
It is rather unconventional. You could just replace the current skin flag that displays when you have a truehd video playing with the truehd flag you have. Just keep the name the same.
I know your stance on filenames for flags Smile

Anyway I think XBMC can detect these other streams. When you pull up the on-screen codec info during playback it says TrueHD and DCA. Could we not add those to the skin some way? (I don't pretend to know what XBMC reads and makes available to the skin)

ekim232 Wrote:It is rather unconventional. You could just replace the current skin flag that displays when you have a truehd video playing with the truehd flag you have. Just keep the name the same.

Are you suggesting changing the image from Dolby Digital to the TrueHD image? (That would sort of defeat the purpose of knowing the difference between the audio quality of your videos) Sorry I'm a bit confused by your suggestion!
If you can actually hook me up with a couple of samples (in PM if you like) I'll see what could be done. and by samples I mean less than 100mb
Are you aware of the way people code the media flags for audio codec?
ekim232 Wrote:Are you aware of the way people code the media flags for audio codec?

Nope! That's why I commented earlier about not pretending to know how this works. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling on an idea. But if you do know something please contribute! If there is an easier method I'm all ears!

Jezz_X Wrote:If you can actually hook me up with a couple of samples (in PM if you like) I'll see what could be done. and by samples I mean less than 100mb

Absolutely! I just created 4 samples (100mb each) 2 HDDVD and 2 Bluray. All perfect rips, 0 loss in quality. I'm uploading them to my server now. This should cover TrueHD, DTSMA, DD+ and the HDDVD version of TrueHD.
Uploaded!

Link removed (Jezz_X)

The TrueHD and DD+ files have 2 audio streams each, 1 being the standard Ddolby core and the second being the HD audio. The normal Dolby core is recognized as ac3 by XBMC and displays a standard Dolby Digital flag in Confluence. The DTSMA only has the one audio stream, and is bitstreamed as normal DTS. I believe if you enable HD audio (LPCM) then XBMC will send the uncompressed (DTSMA) audio to the receiver instead of the DTS core.

Let me know if you need further info on this, I've been doing quite a bit of research into retaining quality from my original sources.
I did a quick check on my laptop with your 300 video. It was showing "truehd" as the codec on the video info panel. I tried adding truehd.png to my audio codec folder, but it still showed dolby digital.

I then tried substring(listitem.audiocodec,truehd) just to see if I could get it to show and it didn't either.

Not sure where to go from there. I am sure Jezz has WAY more knowledge on the codec side of things.
thanks got em and removed the links kind a little on the grey area of legal content Smile better safe than sorry
Right your going to have to help me out here I downloaded 3 of them (didn't bother with both TrueHD ones) and the only thing not showing up was the vc1 logo which I will fix

Bare in mind I am using the latest svn (I don't recommend for you) and I got the following

300.HDDVD.TrueHD.Sample.m2ts showed the Dolby Digital Logo for 1 audio stream and the Dolby TrueHD logo for the other

TransformersRevengeoftheFallen.Bluray.DTSMA.Sample.m2ts showed the DTS logo and 5.1 because thats what it is and is the only channel XBMC found and the "o" codec info showed nothing special for it

KingKong.HDDVD.DD+.Sample.m2ts just shows the Dolby Digital Logo whats so + about it ? its just ac3 5.1 for both channels
Jezz_X Wrote:.........
KingKong.HDDVD.DD+.Sample.m2ts just shows the Dolby Digital Logo whats so + about it ? its just ac3 5.1 for both channels

Ok figured out the difference in this one and what I was doing wrong
will be fixed in the svn soon but again I don't recommend you use the svn version current it has many errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio Flagging0