TV Show ISO Episode Bookmark
Hi there,

I've read a lot about storing the TV shows as ISO images but I can't find a solution. Let's say that I've an ISO with episodes 1 to 4 of a TV show. What I did, as read on this forum, is to rename de file like this : tvshowname_S01E01E02E03E04.iso. When I scrape it, no problem, I have my four entries, but I'm still at he root of the DVD with the menu. Then I put an "episode bookmark" (maybe there's a better way...) just at the beginning of every episode.

The only problem with this system is that once the first episode is watched, the four of the ISO image are marked watched as well. Is there a way to avoid that or is it a bug ?

Thank your for your help !
That is expected behaviour and is the problem of ripping multiple files to a single file / iso.

You should rip each episode individually and you will not have this problem.
Ok, thank you, that's what I thought. Is there a way to rip a single episode in command line (Linux) ?
Im in the same position as the thread starter, i have a full collection of all the Star Trek series on DVD that im currently converting to MKV files (with english audio, but subtitle in english and norwegian). Most DVDs contain 4 episodes, so from my understanding you suggest to rip each DVD up in 4 files one for each episodes.

A side question, is there a naming convension i should follow or somewhere i can look up on Internet? For example its called: Star Trek, Enterprise episode 01, what would this be the correct way? StarTrek_Enterprise_S01E01.mkv ?

Frank, Norway
Correct, one file per episode is the way to do it. My naming convention is Star.Trek.Enterprise.S01E01.mkv.

As long as it contains the SxxExx for the regexps to match against, and the folder is named correctly you shoud be good to go.
prae5, is there a way to integrate TVshows which are DVDs (ISO-Container) into the TVshows-Library ? Eek

Maybe a manual way to do it ?

Even without the scraping-ability, it would be fine.
prae5: Thank you very much. At least i have some great pointer to continue my work from :-)

So far i have just converted my regular movies which have been quite easy, but i was just a bit worried about the naming convension for the series, but i follow your guideline so now i continue this work.

Frank
ubuntuf4n Wrote:prae5, is there a way to integrate TVshows which are DVDs (ISO-Container) into the TVshows-Library ? Eek

Maybe a manual way to do it ?

Even without the scraping-ability, it would be fine.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_%28...t_Episodes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks sho, but could you tell me which file i have to rename ?

The Wiki says:
Quote: Multi-part Episodes

Handling of multi-part episodes (two part episodes in one file, multiple episodes in DVD images, etc.) is supported. The first matched tvshowmatching regexp and "[-EeXx]+([0-9]+)" will be repeatedly applied against a file name until no more seasons or episodes are found.

This allows for file names such as
foo_s01e01e02e03_s02e01e02
foo104-05-06-201-02
foo1x07x08x09

I have different DVD in a ISO-Container and also some in Video_TS-Folders.
There are several files like *.ifo, *.vob , the video_ts-folder etc.
Which should have a name like for example....the_green_hornet_S01E01E02E03E04E05E06 ??
The ISO file presumably, in the VIDEO_TS case, rename the folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
prae5 Wrote:That is expected behaviour and is the problem of ripping multiple files to a single file / iso.

You should rip each episode individually and you will not have this problem.

In fact, this is really boring to rip each episode instead of keeping the original dvd structure. Is there a way to change, in advancesettings for example, the way the watched/unwatched flags behave ?
julienzch Wrote:In fact, this is really boring to rip each episode instead of keeping the original dvd structure. Is there a way to change, in advancesettings for example, the way the watched/unwatched flags behave ?

No, the watched file relates to the file itself. Ripping to individual files is the best way to achieve what you want.
Ok, I understand. Nevertheless, I have something in mind ! Is there a way to have this "bookmark episode" even if the format of your file is not of this type XXX_S01E01E02E03E04.iso but XXX_S01E01.iso (with symlinks to the others so the file name is different) ?

OR, and and maybe it's the easier way, is it possible to launch a video at precise bookmark, I mean, one could just put a bookmark at the beginning of an episode and when you click on it, it would start the video at this place. At the moment, when I try to achieve this, the bookmark is well stored and I can see it via the OSD but when I launch the video, it starts at the root anyway (that is to say, the DVD menu root) ?
yes symlinks would work. yes, such bookmarks would work. and guess what; we support them already. these two ideas does not work both though, it's one or the other, that is you can only set episode bookmarks for multiepisode files. (i'd suggest the latter one as it gives the best results).
As spiff says both of those methods will work. What you want to do is only easily achievable using single episodes per file. There is no way around this and it will allow for future library rebuilds should you need to with minimal effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show ISO Episode Bookmark0