passthrough - am i too studid? (audigy 2 nx)
Greetings

Although i have read now for more than a week quite everything here concerning passthtrough of dts and dd , i do seem to be too stupid

I've got an external sound card - audigy 2 nx. In many forums - even on the side of alsa is written that the digital out does not work

But with the latest release (1.22) - and a firmware upgrade , i managed to get digital out with mplayer with following command

mplayer -ao alsa:device=hw=0,0 -ac hwdts /media/Data/Movies/Pirates.of.the.Caraibian.At.Worlds.End.mkv

If i start the movie - my amplifier (denon 4308) switches to DTS - and all 6 input lamps (for the different channels ) are on

my asound.conf file is here
------------------------------------------------------------------
pcm.!spdif {
type hw
card 0
device 0
}

# Sets default playback to 'spdif'.
pcm.!default{
type plug
slave {

pcm "spdif"
rate 48000
format S32_LE
}
}
---------------------------------------------------------
over
in xbmc i only can get analogue 4.0 over spdif (maximum) - i always get an error if i try to switch to digital out (i already tried with stopping pulseaudio , and all combinations that i got proposed - just a "failed to initialize ...")

I am using :
ubuntu 10.04 lucid
latest alsa , latest pulseaudio
latest kernel (2.6.34)
latest xbmc (svn daily build XBMC-PRE-10.5 r291265)

Is it possible to indicate in the guisettings.xml that XBMC should use alsa with hw 0,0 - and the digital passthrough on iec958:CARD=NX,DEV=0 ?

How can i log the audio output of XBMC?

would really be grateful for any help

thanks in advance,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
passthrough - am i too studid? (audigy 2 nx)0