• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
djlinz6 Wrote:I really like the fact that playback from rar files is working.... but I can only use it with avi videos and not mkv videos

I've got dsplayerconfig.xml setup like this:

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video filter="coreavcvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>

it works for mkvs not in rar files no problem. Also if i use mkvsource and mvsplitter, instead of haali, the video plays from the rar.. but the framerate is terrible

Has anybody else tried this combination? I couldn't get it working on 2 different winxp 32 bit machines

http://pastebin.ca/1859476

guess it cant connect the rar file source to haali?

ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter

You need to use mkvsplitter and not Haali as your splitter if you want to read rar Smile
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
blinkseb Wrote:You need to use mkvsplitter and not Haali as your splitter if you want to read rar Smile

Thanks Seb.

Painless that's another one for the page 1 header Big Grin
steelman1991 Wrote:Thanks Seb.

Painless that's another one for the page 1 header Big Grin

Yep....cheers Seb.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Right, just a quick report back on trying to get dsplayer and reclock to work together -

I've got it all working!!!!

I have ffdshow passing audio on to reclock (in 32bit format), which does its thing and passes on ac3 encoded streams (when needed) to my amp.

Problem I was having before was if ffdshow is set to pass through for ac3/dts reclock is skipped and this caused problem with dsplayer.

Now i have ac3/dts output when needed (thanks to reclock) and excellent video quality and lip sync (again thanks to reclock).

Only slight downside is that it does take a bit longer than would be hoped to load a video (include a brief 1-2s period when xbmc is not responding) and mpc codec can be a bit funny (skipping forward and back is sometimes needed to enable dxva).

Also, thanks for above tip on bilinear scaling, only this and mearest neighbour seem to give smooth playback with latest build, but bilinear gives much better pq.
For the low framerate, seems related to the shader used to scale the video. Can you try with mpc with the SAME setting (Options, Playback, Output, Resizer) and see if it hang too? You can also try to use the Bilinear 2 as it uses pixel shader 2.0 Smile
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
Glad its all working for you mate - yes loading times can be extended, but as explained by Seb, linking to the various filters accounts for that and happens with mpc-hc standalone as well.
Hi, here's my problem:

I'm using DsPlayer with coreavccodec for mkv files and it work perfectly.
Now i want to convert all my old dvd backup from Video_ts structure to mkv with MakeMkv, but when i start a new mkv files pop up an error in the video rendering chain, i think because the codec (coreavc) can't render dvd.

Sorry for my poor english.
Thanks.
steelman1991 Wrote:Default, pick your setting, scroll further down, highlight 'set as default for all movies' this will overwrite all previously made settings - so be careful. Not sure whether there is any other way to set the default.
Right now the settings in set to 2.0 when xbmc start and keep the same config when you change it in the osd. Its not keeping the config when you reset xbmc. (im not sure about the last one but im sure its not linked with the dvdplayer settings)
tiben20 Wrote:Right now the settings in set to 2.0 when xbmc start and keep the same config when you change it in the osd. Its not keeping the config when you reset xbmc. (im not sure about the last one but im sure its not linked with the dvdplayer settings)

Good, I'm glad its not just me, though I was going mad having to keep changing it after restart.

Is there anyother way to change it to bilinear and keep it that way?
Cangio87 Wrote:Hi, here's my problem:

Now i want to convert all my old dvd backup from Video_ts structure to mkv with MakeMkv, but when i start a new mkv files pop up an error in the video rendering chain, i think because the codec (coreavc) can't render dvd.

Thanks.

Hi Cangio87 and welcome - where are you getting this pop-error - if possible could you provide a screen shot of the offending pop-up.

I presume that these mkv files being produced will be mpeg2 files, just within an mkv container, if so they will be played by the codec linked to mpeg2 playback, rather than the mkv rule, therefore the existence of coreavc, unless that is the codec you have picked to playback mpeg2 files, will have no effect on playback of these files.

Also provide a copy of your dsfilterconfig file, using pastebin or some other file paste site and link to it.
Someone has experience with the clarkdale gpu concerning the usage of dsplayer with dxva?
tiben20 Wrote:Right now the settings in set to 2.0 when xbmc start and keep the same config when you change it in the osd. Its not keeping the config when you reset xbmc. (im not sure about the last one but im sure its not linked with the dvdplayer settings)

Fair to assume that it is on the to-do list?

Something else that could be added Painless.

tdw197 Wrote:Good, I'm glad its not just me, though I was going mad having to keep changing it after restart.

Is there anyother way to change it to bilinear and keep it that way?

Don't think so - hopefully will be rectified, if indeed it is a dsplayer issue and not trunk, in the near future, sure Seb/Tiben will get on the case and report back.
Sylus Wrote:Someone has experience with the clarkdale gpu concerning the usage of dsplayer with dxva?

Hi Sylus and welcome - Could you please expand, In what way?
Cangio87 Wrote:Hi, here's my problem:

Thanks.

What Steelman said....Also, what structure/format are you using for your MKV's - are you re-encoding to h.264? or just putting mpeg2 into an MKV container?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
oldpainless Wrote:What Steelman said....Also, what structure/format are you using for your MKV's - are you re-encoding to h.264? or just putting mpeg2 into an MKV container?

K

He will be purely ripping to the native format of the original file, just placed within an mkv container - MakeMKV doesn't encode, just rips.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0