• 77(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
I was looking in: C/documents and settings/HTPC/appdata/XBMC/userdata.

Found dsplayer in: D/programfiles/XBMC/system/players/dsplayer

Im am trying to play a 1080 mkv file that plays fine in MPC-HC.
But i dont want to install more than necessasry on this pc. I only use it for XBMC, would like to have it as clean as possible.
XBMC-10.0 Dharma had problem with the same file.

Heres my debug:
http://pastebin.com/xBzagTZW

Does dsplayer start at all?

Thx in advance
@furtivo - Xvid with MKV? It sounds like your files are a little strange and from the debug logs it would appear the codecs its trying to use don't understand your files, probably because MKV tends to contain h264. Have you tried renaming the Xvid files to a .avi file type, and see if that picks up correctly?

@frank75
Providing you're not running portable, sounds like you were looking in about the right place, I'm guessing you're not on Win7 as that'd usually use the Users folder not Documents and Settings, and if I remember the same was also true of Win Vista.
Mine for example is C:\Users\HTPC\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC

Also, beware that unless you change the config, the DSPlayer branch still defaults to DVDplayer. You either have to change the config to default to DSPlayer, or select play with DSPlayer when opening the file.
From your debug log I can see your default player is still DVDPlayer, so unless you manually chose DSPlayer then no it won't have been used.
To use DSPlayer you will need to have the DSplayer branch installed, choose DSPlayer/set it as default, and have FFDShow or similar set. Aside from making sure DirectX is up to date, thats it. Probably a max of 300MB over your original Win install including potentially 100+MB of DX update.

My HTPC runs very similarly to yours, any extra programmes I've installed are stuff for occasional use like remuxing subtitles, but otherwise it's a clean slate with just an updated copy of Windows on. As I'm on the normal branch of XBMC right now, I dont have the codec packs installed, as I don't need to, although I intend to return to DSPlayer as soon as I can get away with it, because I believe that in the long run the player is likely to be superior. Smile

In my case, I set DSPlayer on a DSPlayer build is default player (you need to make the advancedsettings.xml file to specify to use this over DVDPlayer, and also additionally I change the subtitle render resolution to 1080p), and if I want to change audio track, until the GUI option is altered to work, I have play the file with DVDplayer. I created a backup of my standard XBMC profile folder, and then used a copy of it as my XBMC DSPlayer build profile folder, so all my standard XBMC options are in place, so despite it being a bit of PITA to keep having to select DVDPlayer it does work reasonably well, as DVDPlayer is already setup how I like it Smile

Audio track swapping and the intermittant player crashes are the only downsides I find, I've several videos that play much better with DSPlayer than DVDplayer, that's for sure Smile

Edit: on my own previous query, it seems subtitle swapping actually does work via XBMC's UI, it's just audio track swapping.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
blinkseb Wrote:If your movie has chapters, just click next/previous will skip one chapter Smile

ha, yes i found that out after...it only works if i click the next button on the osd, if i hit next on the xbmc iphone app it just skips to the next file...anyways, while clicking next does work, i was kind of hoping there was some way to import the chapter list into the bookmarks or something similar. this way i can get the scene name, also to make it easier to lets say jump to chapter 23 instead of clicking next 23 times...anyway to make that happen?
alexrose1uk Wrote:@furtivo - Xvid with MKV? It sounds like your files are a little strange and from the debug logs it would appear the codecs its trying to use don't understand your files, probably because MKV tends to contain h264. Have you tried renaming the Xvid files to a .avi file type, and see if that picks up correctly?

@frank75
Providing you're not running portable, sounds like you were looking in about the right place, I'm guessing you're not on Win7 as that'd usually use the Users folder not Documents and Settings, and if I remember the same was also true of Win Vista.

Also, beware that unless you change the config, the DSPlayer branch still defaults to DVDplayer. You either have to change the config to default to DSPlayer, or select play with DSPlayer when opening the file.
From your debug log I can see your default player is still DVDPlayer, so unless you manually chose DSPlayer then no it won't have been used.
To use DSPlayer you will need to have the DSplayer branch installed, choose DSPlayer/set it as default, and have FFDShow or similar set. Aside from making sure DirectX is up to date, thats it. Probably a max of 300MB over your original Win install including potentially 100+MB of DX update.

My HTPC runs very similarly to yours, any extra programmes I've installed are stuff for occasional use like remuxing subtitles, but otherwise it's a clean slate with just an updated copy of Windows on. As I'm on the normal branch of XBMC right now, I dont have the codec packs installed, as I don't need to, although I intend to return to DSPlayer as soon as I can get away with it, because I believe that in the long run the player is likely to be superior. Smile

In my case, I set DSPlayer on a DSPlayer build is default player (you need to make the advancedsettings.xml file to specify to use this over DVDPlayer, and also additionally I change the subtitle render resolution to 1080p), and if I want to change audio track, until the GUI option is altered to work, I have play the file with DVDplayer. I created a backup of my standard XBMC profile folder, and then used a copy of it as my XBMC DSPlayer build profile folder, so all my standard XBMC options are in place, so despite it being a bit of PITA to keep having to select DVDPlayer it does work reasonably well, as DVDPlayer is already setup how I like it Smile

Audio track swapping and the intermittant player crashes are the only downsides I find, I've several videos that play much better with DSPlayer than DVDplayer, that's for sure Smile

Edit: on my own previous query, it seems subtitle swapping actually does work via XBMC's UI, it's just audio track swapping.

I have in this format 300, X-men 1,2,3 and more films I can play it with KMplayer or DVDplayer without problems but DSPlayer cant with it. Any ideas?
hey guys, i'm having a bit of a problem with dsplayer and the xbmc iphone app and i'm hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

when i play a movie using dvdplayer, i'm able to use the seek bar in the app on my phone to skip around wherever i'd like. however when in dsplayer and i try to use the seek bar on my phone, no matter where i click it starts the movie over...anyone have any idea how i can fix this? thanks!
furtivo Wrote:I have in this format 300, X-men 1,2,3 and more films I can play it with KMplayer or DVDplayer without problems but DSPlayer cant with it. Any ideas?

Hey furtivo,

Your log reports that dsplayer failed on the audio...

PHP Code:
01:29:36 T:720 M:1719365632   ERRORCFGManager::RecoverFromGraphError Audio Video error 
                                             Error in the audio rendering chain

Ensure that the audio/video stream is supported by your selected decoder and ensure that the decoder is properly configured

What audio does the file have? Maybe double check the relevant audio settings in ffdshow.

Cheers
Seb\Tiben,

this relates to the latest user generated build...but I get the odd crash now and again, which stops dsplayer from being perfect (or just about)...if it would help, glad to post debug logs.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
I did a library scan with build 33619 and only the first 5 episodes of each tv show end up in the library... I rescan and it finds nothing new.. Anyone else having that problem?
alexrose1uk Wrote:@furtivo - Xvid with MKV? It sounds like your files are a little strange and from the debug logs it would appear the codecs its trying to use don't understand your files, probably because MKV tends to contain h264. Have you tried renaming the Xvid files to a .avi file type, and see if that picks up correctly?

@frank75

Thx for this great tip Big Grin

Added the advancefile and ffdshow, then my troublefiles played ok.
Now i have to fix the audio, only plays stereo, not DD or DTS.
Any tip?

When you play a movie and press arrow up, down, left or right. Does the seekingwindow in the corner down on the left hang for some seconds?
And when you press ESC when playing a movie, does the movie flicker in the background and the wallpaper on movies shows in between?
Works fine when playing dvd, but 720 and 1080 mkv has this problem.

Edit:
Figured out the issue with the sound.
Pass-through on AC3 an DTS in ffdshow audio decoder Smile.
This might be a stupid question and maybe in the wrong forum/thread, but here we go!

Can i use the latest XBMC Dharma with the latest DSPlayer? and if i can, how do i do?

//Boot
When a dvd is inserted it will not play. DVDplayer is set to start automatically .
Do i have to change back to dvdplayer to play dvd?
Dvds on my pc plays with no problem.

Any idea anyone?
Hi.... is it possible to change the position of the subtitles? I want them a bit lower on the screen. Cant seem to find if this is possible? Tnx.
Hi, could someone point me in the right direction? I have multiple bluray mkv's with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA which play find with DSplayer. For some reason Dolby Digital and DTS doesn't seem to play. I have no idea what the problem is. The screen blanks for a fraction of a second, then returns to XBMC.

I posted my debug log at pastebin here. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I think it's asking me to check the FFDshow settings, but I think it's set correctly. Sad
testmetest Wrote:Hi, could someone point me in the right direction? I have multiple bluray mkv's with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA which play find with DSplayer. For some reason Dolby Digital and DTS doesn't seem to play. I have no idea what the problem is. The screen blanks for a fraction of a second, then returns to XBMC.

I posted my debug log at pastebin here. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I think it's asking me to check the FFDshow settings, but I think it's set correctly. Sad
testing in graphstudio is the easiest to find out what is the problem.
from line 146 to 150 you see the filters that were in the graph when the error occured.
Your problem according to the log should be in the audio connection.
The input from mkvsource or the output of ffdshow to directsound device.
Usually the problem come from the input of the codec but its just a guess
testmetest Wrote:Hi, could someone point me in the right direction? I have multiple bluray mkv's with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA which play find with DSplayer. For some reason Dolby Digital and DTS doesn't seem to play. I have no idea what the problem is. The screen blanks for a fraction of a second, then returns to XBMC.

To see what filters are being used in graphstudio see my writeup here - http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/01/...intel-gpu/

You can skip the arcsoft stuff and just follow the graphstudio setup with filter spy
Cheers,
Damian

blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0