[LINUX] no network on autostart
hey. could some one help me get the network working for autostart. Networking works fine when loaded from GNOME just not when the computer boots directly to xbmc. It's not a big problem as all the files are on the computer with xbmc but it means no scrapers work or youtube plugins.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.

my computer info is:
Linux Distribution and Version: Ubuntu 9.10
Architecture: x86_64
Install Method: manual? (cant really remember)
SVN Revision: 1:9.11-karmic1? (I think this is right)
I have given up on gnome and xbmc 9.11. But wifi is working.

Have a look if this apply to your situation.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54705

Quote:Wifi WPA2 in XBMC session (USB adaptor)
-------------------
1) Left click on network icon and select network & Connect
2) Right click on network icon , edit connecttions, wireless, select network, Edit - Click Always allow - Check Available to all users
- check remember autorization & enter password
3) Reboot and make sure that no dialog is necessary to connect wifi => Should work fine in the XBMC session.

There is a bug in karmic network-manager. When mking connection available for all users this just causes the connection to disappear
Workaround:
set "managed=true" in [ifupdown] section in /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf
Not really. My problem is only when xbmc loads form the login screen. And the network is LAN. the main problem is that there is no Internet connection.
Ok, I though you meant wifi since wired network normally works when you plug in the cable. This is true also for when loading for login screen.
Perhaps you should take a look on the network settings I describe (but for wired) anyway since as I said it normally works without problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] no network on autostart0