Ati radeon HD 3450 problems with XBMC Live
Hello guys!

I am not very familiar with linux, so I apologize in advance if my question may result silly..

I just made an installation of XBMC Live from the bootable CD (XBMC 9.11 live repack) on my pc and got XBMC working, configured the network settings and audio settings, but I can't get the video card working properly.

The GUI runs perfectly, but as soon as I start watching a film (no matter if avi, mkv, HD or SD) I can hear the sound but can't view the video.
It shows some blue flickering screens, then only audio and subtitles are displayed.
The size of the blue screen is the same as the video should be, I mean that the video is 2.35:1 and then I see black borders to the top and bottom, but instead of the video there is a blue bar that flickers some times changing the blue tonality for a while, then it disappears.

Anyone had a similar problem?
Is there a way to solve it?

Before you ask, I don't know how to update the display drivers under linux Blush

Thanks in advance
Francesco
I just tried to install XBMC on the Windows 7 partition and with this OS it works perfectly, but I am still interested on Live version because of the fast boot and shutdown
Have you tried setting the render method to software? Sounds like its trying to use VDPAU to me. You wont have any video acceleration but I don't think the ATI card support VDPAU. Then again I'm not really sure since it looks like SD stuff isn't working for you too and that should be using software rendering by default.
Thank'you for the advice! I enabled the software render and now it's playing all right!
The CPU is strong enough to afford the work Smile

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ati radeon HD 3450 problems with XBMC Live0