What is stored in the XBMC database?
I've been reading around here about the database in the latest builds aren't compatible with the earlier ones so can't role back your XBMC version.

What is stored in the database? Couldn't you just uninstall the latest version and reinstall an older version? Am I missing something? I realize that it would need to rescan in your media files, but wouldn't that just take a little bit of time? Is there anything else people need to be worried about?
Nope, nothing else to be worried about. Once the database version is updated to a new version, obviously it can't be downgraded by XBMC itself (as we can't predict the future, unfortunately!)

If you clear out your userdata, install an older version and rescan, you'll be fine - all it takes is time. What you will lose, however, will be things like watched counts and the like.

With new versions you'll be able to export to XML which will mean downgrading will then be possible without losing this stuff. Unfortunately that doesn't help you now unless you're downgrading to a version new enough to have this feature (which I suspect you're not)

If you have specific versions you wish to downgrade between, then it MAY be possible to manually alter the sqlite3 database files if you feel like getting your hands dirty.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is stored in the XBMC database?0