Live 9.11 crashes to the terminal when using certain skins...
Hi all,

I'm a newbie of sorts so I am doing my best to post this as per the sticky above (how to post in a useful manner) but please forgive me if I do something irritating!

Any skins I've installed using Patkhoo's Skin Installer script (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56423) seem to crash XBMC to the terminal. Once they are loaded XBMC is fine until I touch a key. If it doesnt crash immedietly it will once I try to go into a sub menu (movies, music etc)

I have asked about this in the related thread already but I thought this may go beyond that and be more a of a general Linux problem.

I have installed the latest nVidia drivers for my 8400. The default skin, and bog standard Aeon (that I installed manually myself) work without issue.

From the log file I managed to find, at the end of the file (obviously right before it crashes) I get this:

Quote:ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/2aeea33e.tbn

There are a few other errors a little earlier including the likes of a
Quote:ERROR: DS: Failed to connect to the D-Bus session daemon: Empty address''

and

Quote:ERROR: GLX: Same window as before, refreshing context

Any assistance would be wonderful, and naturally if I can provide further information please let me know. I have posted everything here in the specific skin forum as well so hopefully its in the right place somewhere!

Regards,

- Matt.
Well I'm getting absolutely no where doing this by myself...

I have reformatted my HDD, and re-installed Live 9.11. Same thing. I will be using a skin (in this case AEON65) and then it will just crash to the terminal - that little 'X' comes up as the cursor, the screen goes blank and the next thing I know I'm being prompted for my login credentials.

This is happening with the standard Aeon Skin, Alaska, Alaska Revisited, and AEON65. But never with the default skin.

Maybe it's to do with Aeon seen as all the skins mentioned above use it to some degree?

Migth be worth trying another skin *sigh*

Someone please help, i'm so frustrated.
Produce a full Debug Log. None of the errors you've picked out are an issue. Use pastebin.ca or similar.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK...hopefully I've done this right! Skin at the time was Aeon65:

http://pastebin.ca/1865774

I should point out that the crashing problem is now happening across the board...even in confluence.

From the last crash using confluence:

http://pastebin.ca/1865779

Hope some of that is useful. I tried reading through them to see what was going on but I have no idea. Obviously!

I really want to use XBMC Live but as it stands I may have to go back to a full Ubuntu Install :-(

I appreciate any time you guys might use to figure this one out.

Thanks.
Trudging around through an export of my media library there are a lot of corrupted media scans that result in backdrops, banners etc being displayed incorrectly. It may have something to do with this I think - though I've rescanned my media several times and it does the same thing all the time. Has to be fixed by hand :-(
See my signature for links to XBMCFreak and Aeon Showmix 2.5

I got crashes like you describe for the first few times I changed settings, but now that I have the GUI configured the way I want it, it's been running rock solid.

Due to the vast number of variables which could be causing your problems, I can't offer more specific help. Good luck!

NS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live 9.11 crashes to the terminal when using certain skins...0