SDL_app freezes/error on Windowed startup
I take you back to a thread I started here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55297

I am still having this problem. 9 times out of 10 I get this SDL_app problem when trying to start XBMC in a window.

Again,
Intel Core 2 Quad, 32bit
3GB ram
Win XP SP3
Asus EAH4550HD card and ATI HD audio with CCC 2009.0317.2131.36802 and driver ver 8.600

XBMC 9.04.1 r20672 Jun 2 2009 release

I have scoured the net just trying to figure out what SDL_app is and what it does but not much luck. I don't have any problems opening XBMC in full screen mode.

Thanks in advance
Why don't you upgrade to an newer version? the latest stable release was 9.11, but the svn mirror downloads are fairly stable
I tried upgrading but I have XBMC open on on 'Monitor 3' and at the time (which was before Christmas if not mistaken) I could not get it to open on Monitor 3 even when using UltraMon. Monitor 1 is my primary display, Monitor 2 is a secondary display off Monitor 1, and Monitor 3 is my HDTV in another room.

I should also add that I tried switching my secondary display with my HDTV but the picture on the HDTV wasn't exactly full screen. Long story but I couldn't get it working right.

Also, my remote setup to control XBMC from another room wouldn't work correctly on the latest release at the time either. So I figured I go back to my old XBMC...besides the windowed problem, it was working great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SDL_app freezes/error on Windowed startup0